Everything you need to know about Netflix’s series Wednesday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Get your braids and black outfits ready! Netflix’s newest upcoming series, Wednesday, focuses on the daughter of everyone’s favourite creepy and kooky family, the Addams Family. In preparation for its debut, here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming show.

Plot

This latest depiction of the highly popular character is described by Netflix as a “sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams’ years as a student at Nevermore Academy.” The show follows Wednesday Addams as she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability and solve a supernatural mystery, all while attending a very unique boarding school.

The show also marks Tim Burton’s TV directorial debut.

Cast Members

Taking on the iconic role of Wednesday Addams is Jenna Ortega. The American actress has appeared in other Netflix projects, including Ellie in the second season of You, Katie Torres in Yes Day and Phoebe in The Babysitter: Killer Queen.

Ortega also starred in the Disney comedy series Stuck in the Middle.

Fans will also be thrilled to learn that Christina Ricci, who played Wednesday in the 1991 film The Addams Family, will appear in the new adaptation. For now, her character has not been announced, but she will not be playing an older version of Wednesday Addams.

Main Cast Members:
Jenna Ortega – Wednesday Addams
Catherine Zeta-Jones – Morticia Addams
Luis Guzmán – Gomez Addams
George Burcea – Lurch
Isaac Ordonez – Pugsley
Gwendoline Christie – Principal Larissa Weems

Release date

Despite seeming ideal for a Halloween release date, this spooky show is set to have a November 2022 release date, specifically November 23rd.

Click here to see the trailer!

Jenna Legge

Carleton '24