international student?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
international student?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Zen Chung Via Unsplash
Style > Fashion

Back-to-school fall fashion trends you need to know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

With summer quickly fading away, it’s time to start thinking of going back to school. However, it doesn’t have to be all bad. Shopping for new back-to-school clothes can be an exciting way to add some fun into going back to class. Here are some of the top trends for fall 2022 so you can head back to school in style.

HOT PINK… EVERYTHING

Hot pinks dominated the fall 2022 runways, with Valentino even dedicating their whole show to the vibrant colour. Try incorporating this hue into one or two parts of your outfit, or opt for a bold monochromatic look!

LEATHER PANTS

This is the latest transformation of the leather fad seen in the last couple of years. These pants are perfect for an elegant night-time look or can be paired with a crewneck and beanie for a more casual outfit. Try adding a variety of colours to your leather pant collection, including browns, creams, greens and classic black!

BOMBER JACKETS

Appearing on top runways such as Celine, Coach and Versace, bomber jackets are the perfect way to live out your Top Gun Maverick dreams.

WHITE TANK TOPS

Back to basics! Believe it or not, white tanks are a hot item heading into fall. Luckily, these wardrobe essentials go with nearly every outfit and can be dressed up or down with ease.

LEATHER JACKETS

You didn’t think you we were done talking about leather, did you? Leather jackets have made their way back into style! Time to search through your parents old clothes or your local thrift store if you’re looking to put a modern spin on this classic garment.

MINI SKIRTS

Love ’em or hate ’em, there’s no denying that mini skirts are back. Plaid, tailored versions of this garment were extra popular on this season’s runways, turning the mini skirt into office wear.

Heading back to school can be stressful. Luckily, by incorporating these trends into your wardrobe, you can head to class in style!

Jenna Legge

Carleton '24