5 Podcasts You Need To Be Listening To If You’re Really Struggling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Grab yourself an iced coffee, press play on one of these amazing podcasts and your commute to school will surely be much more enjoyable!

Kalyn’s Coffee Talk

Looking for some motivation? Look no further.

For those of you that have not heard of 24-year-old Kalyn Nicholson, she is a Canadian youtuber, blogger and entrepreneur. Her podcast content is incredibly relatable and is a source of advice for different issues that people face everyday, including taking care of stress, learning how to be alone, and relationship discussions.

@kaylnnicholson13

Kalyn shares her various life experiences and sheds light on the lessons she has learned. From topics like learning to live on your own to how to achieve your goals, she helps to guide you in the right direction and gets you thinking about positive changes you can make in your life. Grab a coffee and take a listen!

Gals on the Go

The gals who host this podcast, Brooke Miccio and Danielle Carolan, are two students and youtubers who attend the University of Georgia. Get some motivation from these successful university students that have mastered the art of balancing school, social life and their careers. With topics like productivity, internships and independence, this podcast feels like an honest chit-chat between friends and will surely make you feel ready to accomplish your goals.

@brookemiccio

Thick & Thin

@katybellotte

Hosted by Katy Bellotte, the Thick & Thin podcast provides us with insight to life in New York City as a 20-something girl. In New York City, Katy works as a social media coordinator at L’Oréal. She is essentially living out the Carrie Bradshaw life we have always dreamed of!

This podcast is filled with personal experiences, stories and advice on how to transition from university life to working in the real world. This podcast is great for university and college students as we could all use some guidance on post-grad life.

Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso

Sophia Amoruso, founder of online clothing store Nasty Gal and New York Times bestselling author, interviews successful and influential female entrepreneurs, or more well know as ‘girlbosses.’

@sophiaamoruso

No matter what direction your career will take you, this podcast is sure to leave you feeling empowered and inspire you to work hard. After listening to the fascinating stories on how these successful female entrepreneurs made their dreams a reality, it might even inspire you to be your own boss one day.

Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard

If you’re looking for some comical entertainment, then this is the podcast for you. Actor Dax Shepard interviews many of your favourite celebrities, such as Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis and Seth Rogen. Listen to their tales of success, as well as the ups and downs of how they got to where they are now.

@armchairexppod

When you’re walking to class, or even when you have some spare time, relax and listen to these podcasts. They might even inspire you to become your best self through your university life and beyond.