This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal U chapter.

Kate Wankel is Cal U’s Her Campus’s social media director. Kate fits this role perfectly because she is a communications and public relations major. Kate does a fantastic job of keeping Cal U’s Her Campus members and follower’s up to date with meetings, and inspiration for those tough Mondays.

Kate’s favorite part of being a part of the Cal U Her Campus’s team is getting to meet new people and communicate with other Her Campus accounts across the nation.

Kate Wankel is a 19 year old from Sewickley Pennsylvania. Kate’s favorite color is green, and when deciding between tea or coffee: she picks a latté. Kate’s favorite animal(s) are kangaroos and cats.

She finds comfort in foods such as mac n cheese and soup with any kind of chicken broth.  Kate’s favorite sport is hockey, and her dream job is to be a part of the social media team for the Pittsburgh Penguins. Kate enjoys unwinding in the late afternoons because this is her favorite time of the day.

I am a current English student with a concentration in journalism. I enjoy writing, art, and theatre. Feminist.
I am a undergraduate student, seeking a B.A. in English, concentrating in Journalism and Creativing Writing. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U). I am the Social Media Officer for Alpha Lambda Delta. Additionally, I manage the social media for Cal U's Women's Studies Program where I am a work study student. I am a staff writer for the Cal Times and I also write frequently for Her Campus at Cal U. In the past, I have worked as a Social Media Consultant Intern with Someone To Tell It To, a non-profit organization based in Harrisburg, PA.