This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal U chapter.

Baleigh Gray is the Vice President of Community Relations in the Alpha Sigma Tau sorority at the California University of Pennsylvania. The sophomore is pursuing communication studies with a concentration in public relations and minors in political science and event planning and management.

Initially, Baleigh was hesitant to join Greek life, never seeing herself as the “sorority girl” type and never had any intentions on going to recruitment. As luck would have it, Baleigh ended up coming through formal recruitment in the spring of 2016, from day one she knew that she’d had found her home in Alpha Sigma Tau.

Adamant about the misconceptions regarding sorority life, Raleigh feels the sisterhood she has within her sorority is proof. This spring will be a year since she joined Alpha Sigma Tau, and in her words, it’s the best decisions she’s ever made.

Finding a group of girls who support her after a long day, watch Gilmore Girls with her, and who will be there for her at the drop of a hat are all reason why Baleigh is so passionate about her sisters.

Within Alpha Sigma Tau she is the Vice President of Community Relations. Her job entails everything from social media, Panhellenic Council meetings, to planning events for the chapter like Homecoming and Greek Sings, an event that the Greek community uses to raise money for charity. Being on executive board has given Baleigh the opportunity to lead and create a better future for her sorority.

While this is the first executive position Baileigh has held within her sorority, she has also been elected as public relations director in Junior Panhellenic Council. Aside from being able to use her major, she was able to promote philanthropy with her Greek community.

Balance comes to Baleigh in the form of color coated agenda in extremely written detail.

Most would be surprised to know that Baleigh is a commuter, has two minors on top of her major and has a job.

In her spare time, she likes to spend time with her family, especially her biological little sister and friends from her hometown of Carmichaels, Pennsylvania. After college, Baleigh plans to move to New York City to work in politics or the entertainment business. Any given day she can be found at the campus Chick Fil A, spending her last dollar on chicken nuggets. Her talents include quoting the entire series of Glee, unashamedly.

I am a undergraduate student, seeking a B.A. in English, concentrating in Journalism and Creativing Writing. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U). I am the Social Media Officer for Alpha Lambda Delta. Additionally, I manage the social media for Cal U's Women's Studies Program where I am a work study student. I am a staff writer for the Cal Times and I also write frequently for Her Campus at Cal U. In the past, I have worked as a Social Media Consultant Intern with Someone To Tell It To, a non-profit organization based in Harrisburg, PA.