How to “Treat Yo Self” During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal U chapter.

Every college student knows how stressful and chaotic finals week can be. Turning in projects, participating in group work, and studying for tests can take a toll on anyone. It is important for your mental and physical health to find the time between exorbitant intakes of coffee, late nights cramming, and your last few classes of the semester to take some time to yourself. Here are some of my new foolproof items (Donna Meagle and Tom Haverford approved) that make any “Treat Yo Self” day relaxing and revitalizing for your weary soul thanks to HC Cal U’s Finals Survival Kit.

Hydrate

It is essential that one stays hydrated to feel your best during an at home spa day. If you don’t have wine handy (boxed if you’re a real 21+ struggling college student) I enjoy water with lemon and lime for some flavor. I also enjoy refreshing Yogi teas. There are over 60 varieties and flavors to choose from that help everything from energy levels to dieting! Two of my new favorite flavors are the Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy and Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life.

Refresh Your Skin

Any “Treat Yo Self” spa day is not complete without a good face mask. There are so many out there to choose from that each have different purposes for varying skin types. I recently tried these sheet masks from Leader Cosmetics and fell in love!

The first mask I was drawn to try was the 7 Wonders Amazonian Acai Anti-Pollution Mask. I wear a lot of makeup and am surrounded by pollution and the elements a fair amount of the time (thanks Pittsburgh!). This mask left my skin feeling pure and refreshed.

The 7 Wonders Caribbean Calming Coconut mask soothes irritated and aggravated skin. This is especially good for people like me with acne prone skin to relieve redness and even out skin tone.

Lastly, the 7 Wonders Kalahari Melon Moisturizing Mask contains fatty acids to sink into your skin and lock in moisture. This is especially good to rejuvenate your skin during the bitter cold weather approaching winter break.

Pamper and Moisturize

After you’ve got your cup of tea poured, your face mask on, and your bath water running, it’s time to wash off the day, shave, and nourish your skin. This Pure Silk Shave Cream in Raspberry Mist moisturizes while you shave and helps you (if you’re accident prone like me) avoid any nicks and cuts along the way. When you’re too pruney to stand it any longer, get out and put on your favorite lotion or body butter.

Accentuate Your Beauty

Once you’re squeaky clean and ready to brace the outside world again, try out these Rimmel London products to emphasize your natural beauty! Here are some of my favorites for lips, eyes, and skin.

The Provocalips 16HR Kissproof Lip Colour has become one of my new go-to lip products. It is highly pigmented and stays on throughout any school day or study session. I got the shade “Make Your Move” which is a mauve that is really trendy right now.

The Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner is smudge proof and produces a jet black color payoff that will emphasize any smokey eye look for a much deserved night out on the town after you dominate finals.

The Scandaleyes Original Mascara is long wearing, voluminous, and perfectly complements the eyeliner.

The Natural Bronzer will give you a perfect sun-kissed glow that has since disappeared since the beginning of the semester. I like combining this with a darker bronzer to give myself a more multifaceted contour.

Finals can be stressful if you let them get the best of you. Don’t neglect your personal health and remember to take breaks to breathe every once in awhile. Her Campus Cal U hopes these products make your “Treat Yo Self” spa day the best it can be!

I am a undergraduate student, seeking a B.A. in English, concentrating in Journalism and Creativing Writing. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U). I am the Social Media Officer for Alpha Lambda Delta. Additionally, I manage the social media for Cal U's Women's Studies Program where I am a work study student. I am a staff writer for the Cal Times and I also write frequently for Her Campus at Cal U. In the past, I have worked as a Social Media Consultant Intern with Someone To Tell It To, a non-profit organization based in Harrisburg, PA.