Its finally fall! Well, its been fall for sometime now but if you’re a native Angelino, you know that LA only has 2 types of seasons. Since the weather is getting cooler which means finals are right around the corner, I thought I would share some very affordable ways to treat your self just in time before finals.
Wrap your hair in mayonnaise to help damaged/dry hair
Yes, mayo. I know I was slightly grossed out when I heard about this, but it my case it has worked.
What you will need: disposable shower cap and mayo.
1. Cover your hair entirely in mayo, preferably the regular kind of mayo.
2. Take a shower cap and cover your hair with it for approx. 20-30 mins
3. Rinse out the mayo and wash hair using a mild shampoo
Use sugar and lemon as a natural exfoliator
This is actually something I heard from my aunt, and in my case it has worked
What you will need: small bowl, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 1 lemon
- Cut lemon in 2 and squeeze juice into bowl
- Add the 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Mix around with finger until it becomes slightly thick
- Remove all makeup and wash face
- Gently rub sugar with lemon in circular motion around face
- Let it sit for apex 3-5mins
- Rinse face with lukewarm water and pat dry
Tea bags to reduce eye puffiness
No one likes to be told when they walk around campus, “hey your eyes look puffy, how tired are you?”
What you need: 2 chamomile tea bags, cup, hot water
1. Dip tea bags into hot water for approx. 1 minute
2. Remove tea bags from cup
3.Pat tea bags gently with paper towel
4. Lie down and gently place tea bags on each eye closed for approx. 5 minutes
5. Relax, you deserve it
6. After 5 minutes remove tea bags and gently pat dry eyes