Walking to an 8:00 am Class in the Winter, as Told by Pretty Little Liars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Well, it happened. You had a crappy rotation, the class you wanted was full or this was the only time the class you needed was offered. You got the dreaded 8 a.m. class. It doesn’t matter what day(s) of the week it takes place on (moment of silence if you have a Friday 8 a.m.), having a class before nine in the morning in college is hated only second to having a seven o’ clock one. *Shudders* Who better to explain the struggles of walking to an 8:00 a.m. class in the winter than the PLL squad?

Upon hearing your alarm first thing in the morning, you’re like:

Yeah, hitting the snooze. It’s an early morning class. I do not care how I look. Yoga pants, sweatshirt, UGGs, and a side braid if I’m lucky. Everyone else is going to be asleep, anyways.

You hit the snooze bar one time (or five), and now you’re running massively late. You’re going to have to sneak in, and it’s going to be so embarrassing. 

Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.

Okay, now you’re really late. So you think to yourself, Okay, I’m just going to walk as fast as I can without actually running. Maybe I should drive. Is driving from PCV to class in the PAC bad for the environment if I only do it a few times? Probably. I should just walk. I need good karma points. I’ll just walk.

WHY ARE CUTE GUYS OUTSIDE BEFORE THE SUN COMES UP? Seriously, it’s Murphy’s Law: whenever thou looks their worst, thou shall run into many attractive men.

Naturally, because you’re already cranky and feeling gross, you catch a glimpse of that one girl who is totally mean and always looks put together. Who wears actual ballet flats, a mini skirt, and tights to an early morning class in December?

Seriously, WHY is Cal Poly so big? It seriously takes days to get anywhere from the dorms. (Towers, looking at you!)

Now you think about all the other things you could be doing, like sleeping. Or painting your nails. Catching up on The Royals. Memorizing Justin Bieber’s and One Direction’s new albums. Anything else.

What administrator thought that students would be okay with getting up BEFORE THE SUN? And WALKING? With how cold it is? This should not be legal.

From the minute you enter your classroom, this is the only thing you’re thinking:

Thank goodness no classes are longer than two hours.

So, come Monday morning, get up, get some coffee (or hot chocolate), bundle yourself up and thank your lucky stars that Cal Poly follows the quarter system. #tenweeks

Morgan is a second year history major from San Jose, California. She loves all things Disney, rocking out to Hunter Hayes (and Ed Sheeran, Shawn Mendes, 1D, and 5SOS). She's an avid runner because she's too clumsy to do anything else. Morgan can often be found reading yet another book, writing one of her own, shopping, or spending time with her sorority sisters (Go, Kappa Kappa Gamma!). She recently published Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust, a young adult Peter Pan retelling that is available on Amazon. This is her second year writing for HerCampus. 
Dakota Greenwich is a Cal Poly 3rd year English Major, studying for her undergraduate and minors in linguistics and graphic communications. This is her 2nd year writing for Her Campus and in her spare time, she works at the Kennedy Library, studies, and blogs. She loves to discuss and research current social issues including women's rights and political issues. If you don't see her working at my campus library or studying, you can find her at her favorite coffee shop, Scout Coffee, reading a thriller novel.