Culture > News

Her Campus Wants to Share Sol de Janeiro With You this Valentine’s Day

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Anyone who has been on TikTok or Instagram recently knows that Sol de Janeiro has replaced Bath & Body Works as the pinnacle of must-have perfumes and body butters. Their iconic gold and white bottle is hard to miss as it has popped up in every Sephora and Ulta. Well, it is your lucky day because Her Campus Cal Poly is collaborating with Sol de Janeiro so that all Mustangs can smell like summer all year round!

As a little Valentine’s Day sweet treat, head on down to Dexter Lawn on February 14 to play some fun games and pick up a few amazing items from Sol de Janeiro. Don’t know where to find Her Campus? Just search for the booth decked out in pink! We will be there to offer some goodies, take cute photos, and chat about Her Campus from 10am to 3pm and you definitely do not want to miss it!

There will be two irresistible Sol de Janeiro items up for grabs on Dexter! The first is the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream! This award-winning body cream is filled with potent, caffeine-rich Guarana Extract that helps to visibly smooth and tighten the appearance of your skin. This is the perfect cure after a late night study sesh when you want to go to bed with silky soft skin. Also take it with you after a sunny beach day to hydrate your skin and wash away that grainy combo of saltwater and sticky sunscreen. With a delicious scent of Cheriosa 62 fragrance and notes of pistachio, salted caramel and vanilla, you are never going anywhere again without your new favorite Brazilian Bum Bum Cream!

Sol de Janeiro has products beyond skincare; stop by Dexter on February 14 to pick up your hair’s newest best friend: a bottle of Brazilian Joia Milky Leave-In Conditioner! This weightless spray will not only hydrate your locks, but also detangle, prevent frizz, and provide heat protection up to 450º. Who needs a Valentine when you have this conditioner? It can be used alone to enhance your natural look or as a primer before your favorite styling routine, because at the end of the day, it’s going to leave your hair looking healthy and as soft as a waterfall. Beyond the 72 hours of frizz control, it also smells delectable due to the iconic Cheirosa ‘62 fragrance (that gives the Bum Bum Cream its signature scent). 

Girls, it’s time to treat yourself to a little self-love and come hang out with Her Campus! Not only will you get a fresh beauty product that will bring the summer fun to February, but you will also get to hear all about an incredible organization and make some new friends! Guys, we know you will also want to have some silky smooth hair and skin, so all are welcome to feel the sun from Sol de Janiero. And if you need a last minute Valentine’s Gift, look no further than the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream or Joia Milky Leave-In Conditioner!

Sam is a first-year Economics Major at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She is currently involved in Her Campus as an editorial writer and a part of other Cal Poly clubs such as Investing and Waterski. Sam loves traveling, The Princess Diaries, strawberries, reading, and winning at card games. If she's not making a new Spotify playlist, you'll catch her working out or hanging out with friends!