9 Thoughts Any Girl Who Doesn’t Wear Makeup Has Had

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Some girls wear makeup, some girls don’t. Both ways of life are completely valid! But there are some things all women who don’t wear it totally understand. These are the thoughts every “natural” girl has thought about the art of makeup:

1. “I’m so glad I don’t wear makeup. My life is so much easier.”

You gloat to your makeup-wearing friends, “Oh yeah, it only takes me like 5 minutes to get ready.” You can revel in your sleep or scroll through your news feed every morning while you lie in bed and thank God that you don’t have to deal with any of that stuff. You can go swimming whenever you want to! You can sleep over at bae’s and not have to worry about bringing makeup remover! The possibilities are endless!

2. “Why exactly don’t I wear makeup?”

So many girls do, but why didn’t you ever get that bug? Was it because your mom didn’t teach you? Because you were completely undateable anyways in high school? Why don’t you subscribe to this essential facet of the girl universe?

3. “Wow, she looks amazing. That can’t possibly be her face.”

It happens. You see a stunning girl whose makeup is flawless. The jealousy starts to rise up in your chest while you simultaneously question your own personal beauty. How can anyone possibly find you attractive when there are makeup goddesses like her walking the earth?

4. “I want to look like that. Teach me makeup vloggers.”

That’s it, you’ve decided. You are going to become as flawless as one of them. If they can do it, you can too. Embrace your womanhood and enter the universe of mascara and blush and contouring (even though you’re not really sure what that is).

5. “WHY IS THIS SO HARD??”

How can people possess that much talent? Can liquid eyeliner actually smell my fear?? Ahh, I poked myself in the eye! I think I’m dying…

6. “Holy smokes Batman, this stuff is expensive!”

The makeup industry is making money hand over fist off of us! Who can afford this type of everyday habit? I might as well give them my wallet when I walk into the store. I guess I’ll just have to be beautiful AND broke.

7. “Like, how can it possibly be that expensive? It’s a fancy crayon.”

This is a felt tip pen. Like a Crayola marker. Why am I paying ten dollars for a marker? I wouldn’t even pay ten dollars for a pack of markers; at least I’d get different colors. This is ridiculous! A scam! Destroy the industry!

8. “Yeah, nevermind, I’m glad I don’t wear makeup.”

You decide that you’re happy just the way you are. You don’t need fancy paints and oils to look pretty. You have a natural beauty that can’t be replicated. Keep enjoying your extra time in bed and rock that natural look!

9. “Oh dang, SHE looks incredible…”

Well, you tried. You may never get over how stunning some girls look with makeup on, but at least you can be confident in your own skin.

You don’t wear makeup, and that’s cool. It’s okay to keep pinning looks that you’re “totally going to try, just for fun,” and perusing through the makeup aisles at Target, “just to look.” You do you and don’t let anyone make you feel bad–including yourself.

Stephanie is a senior at Cal Poly State University who dreams of going to law school (soon!). She is majoring in English, minoring in Linguistics, and also earning the TESL certificate. When she isn't writing, she can be found browsing Pinterest, hanging out with friends, and watching Netflix. Her special skills include level 3 procrastination and baking.