10 Quote Tattoos to Inspire Your Inner Goddess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

We see pictures of amazing tattoos online all the time, ranging from realistic portraits to incredibly abstract pieces. And they are all breathtaking. So why not get one yourself? A quote is a great way to express yourself through body art! Here are just some of the powerful and moving quotes to consider getting as a tattoo to motivate and inspire you

1. “Like the wind, I am free”

2. “History will be kind to me for I intend to write it”

3. “She believed she could so she did”

4. “I’m the hero of this story, I don’t need saving”

5. “I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul”   

6. “I am the sea and nobody owns me”

7. “I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions”

8. “Even the moon, master of the sea, illuminator of the night, has her craters”

9. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me” -Ayn Rand

10. “Flectere si nequeo superos, acheronta movebo” in Latin which translates to, “If I cannot move Heaven, I will raise Hell” -Virgil, Aeneid

These quotes are all about being strong and believing in yourself. Even if you don’t get any of these tattooed on your body, always carry with you these messages that aim to motivate and inspire you in your life.

Holley Shugart is a second year student at Cal Poly SLO. She is interested in swing and blues dancing, cooking, and reading, and is always available for a Harry Potter movie marathon! Holley also enjoys adventuring with her friends and trying new things. She loves rockin' unique clothing pieces, and she is so happy to be a writer for Her Campus Cal Poly!