MGM
Sex + Relationships

5 Ways to Level Up Your Valenties or Galentines Day

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and there is nothing more frustrating than planning last minute. Whether you are spending February 14th with your partner or your friends, here are 5 different ways to level up that special day. 

1. Picnic at your favorite location

Photo: Lily O’Brian from Pinterest 

Picnics are a great intimate and insta-worthy idea that you can spend with either one person or multiple. Blankets and pillows from either your home or a home consignment store will bring comfort for you and your guests. You can also add V-day tableware that will spice up this picnic. Don’t forget the flowers and sparkling cider for the final touch!

2. V-day Food Inspo 

Photo: treehousethreads.com

Valentine’s day dinner is always a great option, but Valentine’s Day breakfast or brunch is another fun option to start the day. This can be done with your partner or friends, by making heart-shaped pancakes or waffles, with sides such as donuts, bagels, eggs, bacon, cheese and crackers, and fruits. You and your guests can also set up toppings for everyone to make dishes themselves, including what they want on their pancakes and/or waffles.

3. Valentine’s Day Decor

Photo: shabbyfufu.com

Decorating for Valentine’s Day, or even any holiday, can become a stressful task, but with the help of others and easy ideas, decorating can become an enjoyable task. Heart-shaped balloons, party tassels, and heart-string decorations are cute and easy decor that can be found on Amazon, Etsy, and more. Posting pictures of your Valentine’s Day is a must, so photo walls are a great touch, and even if you don’t want to print out pictures, Amazon and Etsy have great sets to buy!

4. V-Day Treats

Photo: babydickey.com

Valentine’s Day treats are one of the best parts of this day, so having cute treats is important. Making treats with your friends or partner can be an exciting activity. For example, these marshmallows dipped in chocolate and sprinkles are a fun and easy treat to make with your loved ones. For more treats check out Lena Van Duzer’s Her Campus article 10 RED & PINK DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY THIS VALENTINE’S DAY.

5. Valentine’s Day Gifts

Photo: Stephaniehanna.com

Gifts for Valentine’s Day do not always have to be expensive, especially if you are planning on giving out many presents. Gift baskets are an easy and decorative option for friends, that can be decorated with cards, accessories, candy, and small gifts. Teddy bears and other stuffed animals with a personal note attached are cute options for friends or your partner. Sentimental gifts such as notes, letters, and photo collages can be memorable gifts for your loved ones.

Sahara Mofidi

Cal Poly '25

Sahara Mofidi is a first year English major at Cal Poly Slo, who is interested in a law career plan. She is a dancer and loves to travel, shop, and hang out at the beach. Her main interests are keeping up with new trends in our generation including social media, fashion, entertainment and politics!