This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

When it comes to the most popular applications used in 2020, it is fair to say that TikTok has been quite a hit amongst the social media community. I myself have been guilty of countless hours spent on this addicting platform. In my recent article “5 Must Have Apps to Download During Quarantine,” I explain why I jumped on the TikTok bandwagon two months ago.

I decided to provide a list of products that I have bought because of TikTok. While these products have come in handy, my plummeting bank account does not support my spending decisions. Please enjoy my five very random purchases, as I have embedded a link to all of the items below. 

Disposable Ear Piercing Gun

Ok, this tool is revolutionary! My roommate convinced me to buy it after she tried it out on herself and it is truly amazing. It comes with a pack of four disposable ear piercing guns, with earrings included in each one. With one quick click, your ear is pierced and sanitation is provided! This product is also extremely affordable. Enjoy this activity with a good friend, so you have a hand to squeeze!

Blue Light Glasses

These glasses are the greatest invention. Not only are they trendy, but they protect your eyes from the electronics we are on 24/7! These blue light glasses have a special lens that block out the blue light from our screens. After seeing many TikToks of people wearing them, I loved the look and immediately purchased a pair off of Amazon.

Lip Liner and Lipstick

I personally don’t know muchabout makeup, but I do have a collection of products I swear by and use on a daily basis. I was seeking a new lip liner/lipstick combo, when I came across a TikTok makeup tutorial provided by a friend of mine. She used two products that are a huge change to the lip game: 1. Maybelline Color Sensational lip liner & 2. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Nearly There. These products are SO affordable and carried at most convenience stores!

Balibody Self-Tanner

“How are you so tan??” A question I get on a regular basis, thanks to this product. . I am honest when I answer saying, “Well, it is fake.” I have used plenty of self-tanning products, but my newest find was a TikTok product that showed amazing results: BALIBODY. This product works extremly well and provides a natural, glowing result. It is a little pricer than other self-tanners on the market, but the increase in price is totally worth it!

Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi

The Trader Joe’s products have been all over TikTok. Whether it is must have items, or cooking recipes, I swear Trader Joe’s is the majority of my For You Page. After seeing well over 20 TikToks of this product, I decided to try it out. I would rate it a 8/10 and would definitely purchase again. Whether it is prepared on the stove top or microwaved, it’s a quick and affordable meal.

I hope you have enjoyed my wide-range of items that I would truly recommend. If you give these products a chance, please let me know what you think! Enjoy.  :)

Lauren is a third-year student at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo studying Journalism on the Public Relations track. At Cal Poly, Lauren is involved in Her Campus, the Public Relations Student Society of America, an employee of Shakesmart and also serves as the event coordinator for her sorority. In her free time, she loves spending time with her family and friends and running. She is passionate about writing and cannot wait to share some of her insight on Her Campus!