15 Songs To Put You In A Grateful Mood

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it is safe to say that it is the season of gratitude. Every year we face the profound question: what are you grateful for? For some, this question may be an easy answer or a daunting reflection. Everyone’s experience with gratitude is different, especially when Thanksgiving rolls around. 

If there is one thing that is universally loved by all, it is music. Music has the power to make us feel good about ourselves and convey the emotions we feel without having to say it ourselves. As music is heavily embedded into our society and culture, we may take it for granted given its long-lasting existence. Not only music is an effective way to uplift your mood, but it also serves as a reminder of the perks of being alive on this earth!

If you are feeling like you need that extra gratitude boost in life, here is a 15-song playlist to put you in that loving, grateful, and happy mood as a result of the beauty of the human creation of music. These songs talk about the feeling of loving someone and those around you, appreciating your self-growth journey, and appreciating the beauty of the natural world. Whatever it is you need more of in your life or to appreciate more, this playlist will encapsulate the feeling of appreciating the things in your life as we approach the season of, “What are you grateful for?” 

Here are what some of the songs mean to us:

1.  Thank You For The Music – ABBA

This song is everything gratitude can portray in music, it even says thank you in the title. Whenever you feel grateful for the tunes in your life, ABBA has an anthem for just that. 

1. Thankful – Surfaces 

This song sings about the gratitude of someone loving you. This feeling is special and sacred for many and Surfaces’ lyricism expresses the thankfulness of love. 

1. Real Love Baby – Father John Misty 

This song just radiates, and listening to it makes us feel grateful all around. For whatever we’re doing, Father John Misty’s soothing melody of love swiftly uplifts our moods.  

1. What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong  

No better song reflects the gratitude we have for the world than Louis Armstrong’s song. We listen to this song for that extra reminder that the world is truly wonderful. 

1. Invisible String – Taylor Swift 

Whether it’s a friendship, romantic relationship, or a loved one, this song conveys how pretty it is to think that there is an invisible string tying you to them. This song makes us feel grateful for those in our lives and those around us. 

Check out the rest of the playlist for these grateful tunes below:

Fiona Hastings

Cal Poly '26

Fiona is a second-year Journalism major at California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo. She enjoys listening to music and making playlists, reading and writing, and playing and watching soccer. Fiona is from San Diego, California, and loves to go to the beach whether to swim, surf, or hang out with her dog Benji.