When You’re Sick During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Finals week is here. The aromas of coffee and questionable hygiene are slowly building in the air, and the exhaustion everyone is experiencing has reared its ugly head under everyone’s eyes (don’t worry, you still look fabulous). There are certain things you should never say to a college student during Finals Week, like:

“The exam is cumulative…” and “You have to get a 97 on the final in order to pass the class.”

But nothing is worse than feeling like you are coming down with an illness the weekend before or week of finals. We’ve all been there, and do not wish to go back. Ever. Again. Here is finals week when you’re sick, as described by Michael Scott from The Office:

1. Realizing you might have a scratchy throat, a stuffy nose and a headache the weekend before finals:

2. Attempting to study, but just feeling the urge to go back to bed because you feel like you were hit by a train:

3. Finding out you don’t have enough DayQuil to last you through the week:

4. Realizing you may have taken *a little* more than the recommended medicine dosage:

5. Buckling down and studying for hours, only to realize your migraine has prevented you from retaining any knowledge:

6. Walking out of a final feeling bad, not because of the grade you potentially received, but because of your body reminding you how miserable you feel right now: 

7. Knowing that you tried your best and that everything will be alright in the end:

Remember to take care of yourself this week, and get enough sleep so your body can properly fight off whatever sickness you may be feeling. Study hard, sleep harder, and don’t overdo it on the DayQuil. 

o s

Bowdoin '17

*
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!