Wander with Me: Urban Adventure

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Ad-ven-ture: an unusual and exciting experience or activity.

Here I am talking about adventures every post, and so far I’ve only talked about getting out and exploring nature. Honestly though, that’s only about half of the adventures I go on. An adventure is just something new that activates all your senses and allows for new experiences and memories. An adventure can truly be anything you want it to be.

One of my favorite things to do is to go explore a new part of Los Angeles that I’m not familiar with. It so fun to just walk around and see what shops or restaurants you run into. Also, having easy access to the huge tourist attraction that LA is always makes for an exciting trip – there’s bound to be some fun and interesting people walking around. 

My favorite way to get into the city is through Laurel Canyon, it offers a much more scenic route than the 101 or 405, which are almost always dreadful. Once you’re in the city, pick a spot to start your adventure.

Sometimes it will just be the only place you can find parking, but other times you might be able to park near a food joint you’ve been wanting to try or a cool book store or museum. Another option is to just drive to the valley and hop on the metro that goes into and all around LA. This saves a lot of gas money and can be really fun! Then you don’t even have to worry about all the stress that driving and parking in LA brings.

On almost every street you walk down in Los Angeles, you will find something totally weird and cool to look at. There are endless little music stores, boutiques, antique shops, museums, and restaurants that can cater to anyone’s interests. Just walk around and find some awesome new inspiration for whatever you are passionate about. 

Another thing is the amount of events that go on daily in LA. I’m a huge concert-goer and sometimes when my boyfriend and I look up concerts to go to, there will be events for the next night or later that week. If you do some research you can find some really fun outings to attend, and you’ll almost always meet some really cool people and have a great time. Whether it be a concert, a gallery opening, or a sunset yoga session, you’ll be happy you tried something new and got to experience some of LA and its people. 

Finally, before you head home, drive up one of the hills and find a nice spot to watch the sunset. You can even walk up to the top of a parking garage, I’ve done that plenty of times. Beach sunsets are always nice, but watching the sun set & seeing it in the reflections of the windows on all of the buildings in LA is something else, it really is beautiful.

Los Angeles is so close to us and we are so lucky– so try to get out and explore it!

Tell me about some of your favorite places in LA!

xx Teigs

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!