This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is our very first Her Campus member to be nominated! She’s a tennis player with an aspiration to be a teacher! Read more about this cutie below! 

Name:  Victoria Lahney

Major: Interdisciplinary Educational Studies with a minor in Psychology

Year: 2018

Hometown: Long Beach

Favorite Sport: Tennis

Favorite Food: Hot Wings

Relationship: In a Relationship with Josh Cadena

Height: 5’4’’

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: How do you feel about being a campus cutie?

VL: I am super excited and honored to be picked first out of the Her Campus staff to be nominated for Campus Cutie but I am also slightly nervous.

HC: Ultimate celebrity crush and why?

VL: Chris Pratt. His story is simply inspiring and lets be honest, he is a total cutie. I aspire to be like his family and when he talks about his son, Jack, its just too adorable. From Parks and Recreation to Jurassic World, he never fails to amaze me. (Don’t worry Josh; you are still my ultimate favorite though.) 

HC: Where is your favorite place on campus?

VL: My favorite place on campus would have to be the education landing. It’s on the top level of the SBET building. There is a big open space full of chairs and the lighting is perfect. The landing is ‘owned’ by Club Teach since it is in the education building. In that same area is this little meeting room. One time, a few of my peer students and I just sat in there and talked for hours. It is just a very calming space where if I am too stressed, I can go there and feel like I can breathe again. 

HC: What is your favorite TV show?

VL: Parks and Recreation. I feel like I have a connection with each and every character and it never failed to make me laugh. I strive to be a Leslie Knope in someone’s life. The show taught me how to truly ‘Treat Yo Self’ and that is something I will always do.

HC: If you could describe thyself in one word what would it be and why?

VL: Prepared. I always know the next step that I am going to take and I always have back up plans in case my first one doesn’t work out.

HC: What are your deal breakers in a relationship?

VL: Hmmm… I have never really thought of that. I guess it’s a deal breaker if you are mean to your family. Family is extremely important to me. If you mistreat your mother, there is no doubt in my mind that you will mistreat me. 

HC: What do you look for in a significant other?

VL: Someone who considers going to Taco Bell and then playing Minecraft after, a date. It’s that simple. But honestly, I just think it is important to have the same values and then take everything from there. It helps if you are spontaneous and ready for adventure.

HC:  What is your favorite part about being a PA?

VL: I loved getting to experience New Student Orientation all over again. Being able to wake up at the crack of dawn and hang up purple and gold balloons all around campus. And then being able to meet your peer students for the first time after to talking to them through emails, texts, Facebook and phone calls… it’s just all so exciting.

HC: If you could be any animal what would it be and why?

VL: A tortoise. I have a turtle of my own and it has such a simple but complex life. They always seem like they are on a mission somewhere, and always concerned but yet ready for adventure. Also, I think it would be super exciting to be able to eat a strawberry that is bigger than my head.  

HC:  How did you and your boyfriend meet?

VL: I met Josh on move in day during freshman year. My parents had just left my room to go check into their hotel and my dad told me, “Get your flirt on with some cute boy so he can move your dresser under your bed.” It just so happened, Josh came to visit my other roommate and I ‘got my flirt on’ and he was the one who moved my dresser for me. From that point on, we were basically inseparable.

HC:  What has been your favorite date the two of you have gone on?

VL: My favorite date would have to be the day he asked me out, which was on Halloween. He got tickets to see the Jimmy Kimmel Halloween Special. Instead of dressing up in a costume, we dressed fancy (aka I wore a dress) and off we went to Hollywood. Andy Samberg was one of the guest stars and he dressed up like he was from Tron. He threw a disc out into the audience and since we were in the third row, Josh caught it and gave it to me. After the show was over, we went over to the El Capitan Theatre and saw The Nightmare Before Christmas. Then he bought me a big package of Ghirardelli Caramel and Milk Chocolate. We had so much fun that we actually recreated that again this Halloween.

HC: What word would you use to describe your relationship and why?

VL: Goofy. There is so much to say but when it comes down to it, we can both be our selves around each other, which is extremely important. It just so happens that we both have a silly personality. 

HC: What made you want to get involved in Her Campus?

VL: One day Dani, the Campus Correspondent, who was also my freshman year roommate, was talking about starting a chapter here at Cal Lu. It sounded like a great idea, so I instantly hopped on board.

HC: What has been your favorite part about being involved with Her Campus?

VL:My favorite thing is just being able to watch how much this team has grown. What started off as a group of 10 girls who met in the Mount Clef study room has grown into an amazing staff of 50 who fills up a classroom.

HC: What other clubs are you involved in?

VL: I am also involved in Club Teach. I love this club because we are a tight knit group of aspiring teachers who can always make me laugh with stories about children. We talk about our future and how we want to impact the future generations.

HC: How do you balance your time?

VL: I have an unhealthy obsession with planners and color-coding. I have two planners. One I take to class to write all my homework and important things to know about each class. My second planner has a day-by-day view where I can pin point my day down to the hour. All my classes have a different color that I associate it. It is safe to say that these two planners haven’t failed me yet because I haven’t missed any meetings or forgot about any assignments.

HC: What is your favorite program as a PA?

VL: I loved being able to participate in New Student Orientation all over again. My favorite part would have to be painting the rocks. I was one of the few peer advisors that sacrificed themselves to make sure everyone was safe during the activity. Of course, this also meant that I was able to participate in painting the rocks all over again. Except this time, I was smart enough to save my paint instead of actually putting it on the rocks.

HC: What made you want to be a PA?

VL: My Peer Advisor, Lexi, made me feel so confident and comfortable about college before I even stepped foot onto campus for orientation. She taught me what I needed to know about the school and was always there if I needed her. I saw how much she loved being a Peer Advisor, so I thought I would give it a shot. Lexi made such a big impact in my life and I wanted to impact another group of students in the same way.

HC: Are you considering continuing that legacy?

VL: I would love to. I have gone through the interview process once again and now it’s just a waiting game. I am going to have another Peer Group of transfer students for second semester. I am looking forward to that!

HC:  Where’s your favorite place to shop?

VL: I love to shop at CM School Supply Store back at home. It is basically a teacher’s paradise. They have everything from classroom decorations to teaching planners. I can spend hours walking up and down the aisles planning out what I want my future classroom to look like.

HC: What is your most memorable moment at Cal Lu so far?

VL: My most memorable moment would have to be move in day during freshman year. It was the day that Cal Lutheran became my home and I officially become a college student. Once, I was all moved in, I realized just how real this was and how I was one step closer to achieving my dream. 

HC: Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?

VL: Either one works for me but if it involves a Polaroid camera, you will totally catch me behind it. Actually, I’m pretty sure my dad and I were the creators of the selfie… throw back to 1998.

HC: Dream job?

VL:When I was little I was watching Disney Chanel and there was a little segment and all I remember is a little girl saying, “My dad always told me, if you have a job you love doing, you will never work a day in your life.” Ever since growing up my dream was to be a teacher and now that dream is slowly becoming a reality.

HC: What is your favorite season?

VL: I love summer. Especially because it means it is time to break out the red one piece, lifeguard tubes and whistles. I mean, who doesn’t love being made into a mermaid by little Girl Scouts?

HC: What are your favorite makeup brands?

VL: Call me crazy, but I am actually not a big fan of make up. I hardly wear it on a day-to-day basis, instead it is more of a special occasions type of thing for me. With that being said, I have had the same Urban Decay Naked Palette for about three years now. As for the eyeliner and mascara, I don’t have a specific favorite.

HC: Work out alone or with a partner?

VL: I prefer to work out with a partner, especially since you can’t really play tennis by yourself! Ha. I also really like the time that I spend with Josh when we go on walks to the cross. It is peaceful and a great way to exercise while talking about our day.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

VL: In ten years I hope to be teaching a class in my fully decorated classroom and who knows I might even be married… (Hint, hint)

HC: Favorite band or music?

VL:  Hands down Taylor Swift. Especially her old music but since I spend so much time with Josh my music taste has changed. I have been fully educated about many bands some including: Royal Blood, Silversun Pickups, Foo Fighters and Twenty One Pilots. Three of which we have gone to their concerts together.

HC: Favorite hobbies?

VL: Is going to Disneyland a hobby? I’ve had an Annual Pass ever since I was little since I grew up so close. So much of my free time and weekends have been spent there. Other than that, I write a blog (Tori in Thousand Oaks), and I am in the process of learning how to play guitar.

HC: Favorite holiday?

VL: Josh and I actually created our own holiday, it’s called Hallowversary. Since we started dating on Halloween, we figured might as well make a holiday out of it. So, I would have to say, that would be my favorite holiday. Traditions include: going to Hollywood, watching the Nightmare Before Christmas, and awarding each other with Oscars and giving speeches after.

Mackenzie Hiatt

Cal Lutheran

Mackenzie is currently a Business Major with a Minor in Chemistry at Cal Lutheran.
Makaila Warga

Cal Lutheran

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!