This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Whether you are spending Valentine’s Day with someone romantically or just getting together with friends, here are a few fun ideas to spend your day. 

Color Me Mine

I have always wanted to go to Color Me Mine. Picking out something to paint is a really fun activity and you can take it home as a decoration/souvenir. I like that regardless of your painting skills it can just be enjoyable. I think this is something a bit more memorable  to do for Valentine’s Day.

Bake and Decorate Cupcakes

A small activity I enjoy is baking sweets, like cupcakes, and decorating them. This could be something fun to do with a friend or significant other. Valentine’s Day cupcakes are the cutest and after you get to eat them while watching a movie.

Cook Dinner at Home

I personally think cooking a meal at home can be romantic and fun. It doesn’t have to be complicated! Turning on some music or a show and cooking something simple and tasty, can be just as fun as going out for dinner at a restaurant. This is also a much more inexpensive way to celebrate. 

Dave and Buster’s 

This is a really fun and slightly competitive way of spending your Valentine’s Day. You can spend your evening playing games and enjoying some food at the same time. If you are with a group of friends you can break into teams and play against each other. If you are with someone romantically, the competitiveness can add an extra spark to the date!

I will be doing some of these things for Valentine’s Day and I hope they were helpful for you. However, regardless of what you’re doing for Valentine’s Day, I hope your day is filled with love! XOXO

Sophia Placencio

Cal Lutheran '22

Hi, my name Sophia Placencio and I am the HCCLU president! I am a senior at California Lutheran University majoring in Criminal Justice!