This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is an amazing person with a great personality! He never fails to have a smile on his face or to be a fantastic friend when needed! Read more about this cutie below!

Name: Taylor McMaster

Major:  Marketing Communications

Year:  Senior

Hometown: Newberg, OR

Favorite Sport:  Waterpolo

Favorite Food:  Pasta (any kind)

Relationship:  Yes, Kayla Drummond

Height: 6’1

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: How do you feel about being a campus cutie?

Taylor McMaster: I’m honored to receive the recognition! It’s something that I never would have expected to receive. It’s a very warm and encouraging feeling to be recognized as such. 

HC: Ultimate celebrity crush and why? 

TM: Don’t have one. Already have my ultimate crush, Kayla Drummond!

HC: Where is your favorite place on campus?

TM: The cross is my go to destination on campus. It’s a great place to clear my head and reflect on life altogether.

HC: What is your favorite TV show?

TM: Game of Thrones is by far my favorite TV show! Never a dull moment and plot twists at every turn!

HC: If you could describe thyself in one word what would it be and why?

TM: In one word, I would describe myself as being extremely optimistic. I always try to view the world in the best way possible. As a result, I always take on a positive and outgoing attitude despite what challenges might face me along the way.

HC: What has your experience been like being a PA?

TM: My experience as a PA has been a very rewarding experience. It has helped me grow as a leader and has taught me to be more considerate and helpful towards others. Given the opportunity to do it again, I would say yes in a heartbeat because there is no greater reward than knowing that you made a positive impact on another person’s life.

HC:  Would you consider it something that enriched your experience at Cal Lutheran?

TM: Refer to above statement.

HC: What are your favorite memories you have made during your time at Cal Lutheran?

TM: Altogether, the best memories that I have had here at CLU can be derived from the friendships I have built here. The enriching memories that I have had with the friends I have made here will stay with me throughout my life and have helped transform me into the charismatic and outgoing individual that I now am today.

HC:  What are you looking forward to during your last semester at Cal Lutheran?

TM: The thing I look forward to the most in my last semester here at CLU is the thought of what awaits me after graduation. Planning and exploring the possible routes that I might take will continue to captivate me both now and well into next semester.

HC: What are your plans after graduation?

TM: My plans after graduation are still up in the air. My hope is that I will move back home to the Pacific Northwest and explore possible career opportunities there.

HC:  Who is your biggest inspiration?

TM: My parents both stand to be the most inspirational figures in my life. They have both pushed me to strive for something greater than what I believe ever could be possible, and continue to do so as I take on new opportunities at every corner I turn.

HC: What is your best advice to freshmen/transfers to our school?

TM: The best advice that I could pass on to incoming freshman or transfer is to explore everything CLU has to offer with open arms. Whether it be something grand like traveling abroad to get an ultimate cultural experience or participating in a club of interest on campus, I believe that these opportunities and experiences will make that individual’s life all the more fulfilled and worthwhile.

HC:  Do you ever miss playing water polo?

TM: Yes, I miss it everyday. Though, I fill that longing with other memorable experiences such as being a presidential host, peer advisor, and being an intern.

HC: Favorite chick flick?

TM: Favorite chick flick… I would have to say the titanic. It’s a classic!

HC: What are your favorite video games and would you like your significant other to play video games with you?

TM: Video games have never been of great importance to me. I usually fill that time by hanging out with friends and other extracurricular activities.

HC: What are your deal breakers in a relationship?

TM: Three things break the deal for me in a relationship: 1) Poor humor; 2) not being active; and 3) not being genuine and or full of true character.

HC: What do you look for in a significant other?

TM: If you bump into Kayla Drummond, you can talk and or hangout with her to figure out what qualities I look for in a significant other! 

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

TM: That is a great question. Personally, I take life as it comes to me. I try not to keep myself occupied by thinking about the future, rather I try my best to live in the moment and experience life’s opportunities to the fullest as they presently come across me.

HC: What is your ideal first date?

TM: My ideal first date is something that requires the two of us being active. For example, active activities such as mini golf, ice-skating, hiking, etc.

HC: Summer or winter?

TM: Summer, by far! Nothing but endless sunshine and happy days.

HC: Chipotle or Chick-fil-a?

TM: My loyalty stands with Chipotle.

HC: Favorite band or music?

TM: Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

HC: Favorite Hobbies?

TM: Hiking, swimming, horticulture, and biking.

HC: Favorite date?

TM: My favorite date has been stargazing at the beach after eating Italian food, a great combination that I would recommend to anyone.

HC: Would you rather be indoor or outside?

TM: I would prefer to stay outside.

HC: If you were stranded on a deserted island, what would be the one object you would bring with you and why?

TM: A water filter would be my object. In my mind, I believe that would be your number one shot at survival.

Mackenzie Hiatt

Cal Lutheran

Mackenzie is currently a Business Major with a Minor in Chemistry at Cal Lutheran.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!