This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Finals week is just around the corner! With these stress filled weeks coming up, it is important to do activities that help relieve some stress. Here are a few activities that I did this week to help me prepare for the hard weeks coming ahead. I hope all of you find the time to do activities these upcoming weeks that remind you about the good things in life.

1. Goat Yoga

This Wednesday I went to Goat Yoga with my closest friends, and it was honestly the most fun I have had in awhile. During our session we did basic yoga stretches while the goats hopped on our backs. It was hard not smile or laugh while we were stretching our bodies! There is something so pure about sharing a close connection with animals. You truly do learn that the quality of life is so beautiful!

Photo Courtesy of Author

2. Go on a Walk

It is always good to go for a walk during a study break. This is a great way to clear your mind! Taking in all the beauty of what is around you helps fill your mind with positive thoughts. This gives you time to think about anything that is flooding your head while you’re studying, as soon as you get back to studying you will be able to retain the information with a clear mind!

3. Call a Loved One

One of my favorite things to do when the stress of college is a little too much is call my mom. My mom always knows the right things to say when I do not know what to do. Her words of encouragement help me give everything my all. If you do not have a parent to call, I recommend calling someone close to you or even talking to a counselor at school. It is important to talk about any problems during finals week. Finding your support system helps you realize that all the work and effort will be worth it in the end.

4. Go to a Coffee Shop to Study

Studying in a positive and upbeat environment helps me stay focused while I am studying for classes that tend to make me feel unmotivated. Coffee shops have good energy to be around! When I am studying alone in the library I feel isolated from the real world, but when I am studying in a coffee shop I feel a part of the world. Everyone feels so alive, and seeing other people study helps me stay motivated to finish my work.

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

5. Listen to a Feel Good Playlist

Music always puts me in a good mood, it doesn’t matter what happened that day. I made multiple playlist filled with my favorite songs that remind me of good times to help me through the hard times. Making a playlist for yourself filled with good music subconsciously changes your mood.

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest 

I hope these small tips helped change your mindset during finals week! Best of luck with all your tests, I believe in you!

Elysia Williams

Cal Lutheran '22

HI! My name is Elysia but you can call me Sia for short. I am a leader of Delight Ministries at Cal Lutheran and a writer for Her Campus. In my free time, I am usually with my friends or family making memories.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!