This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Over the summer one of my good friends invited me to a Stranger Things drive-in experience that was planned for November 4th. I was excited for this event but I did not know what to expect since every part of the experience is in the car. I went to Horror Nights at Universal Studios a couple of years ago and from that experience, I assumed that this drive-in experience would be boring, but I was proven wrong!

Charles

I do not know about you, but it is extremely hard for me to go to events during Covid because nothing about that feels normal to me. It has been a hard transition for me to accept that social distancing, Covid friendly events, and wearing a mask are a part of our new normal now. Do not get me wrong, I follow all precautions throughout my day to day life, but it is hard to find the joy in it. Everything was different just a few months ago, (or so it feels like it) but things have changed mildly. However, the Stranger Things drive-in experience proved me wrong. The event did a fantastic job with keeping everything socially distanced. Everyone was in their own separate cars and were required to wear masks, as well as the actors. 

During the first section, the event was in a lot that was transformed into the Starcourt Mall from Stranger Things. The science teacher from the series, Scott Clarke, was the mc. He kept all of us entertained by asking a series of trivia questions about the 80s. My favorite part of the trivia questions was that Scott Clarke would phrase the questions like, “four years ago, an important song came out,” to make the experience feel like we were all actually living in the 80s! After staying at the Starcourt Mall for a bit, we were transferred to the parking garage where everything replicated the end of the third season where Steve, Robin, and Dustin try to save their friends from the Russians. All of the actors came to our car window and would interact with us throughout this stage. It ended with a fun surprise on the rooftop and more reenactments of important scenes from the show!

Netflix | Stranger Things

I strongly recommend going to this event with a couple of friends to enjoy the fun things life has to offer! Whether you are a Stranger Things fan or not, this experience is definitely worth it!

Elysia Williams

Cal Lutheran '22

HI! My name is Elysia but you can call me Sia for short. I am a leader of Delight Ministries at Cal Lutheran and a writer for Her Campus. In my free time, I am usually with my friends or family making memories.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!