This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Graduating from college is something that I always knew I could do and would do. But it’s hard to actually visualize and understand what that’s like until you’re there. And even now, with it right around the corner, it doesn’t seem quite real. People ask me what it feels like to be graduating from college, and it feels exciting, scary, and elusive all at the same time. 

Photo courtesy of Pexels.

If I’m being honest, I have no concrete plans for after graduation, which is scary because I like planning and knowing when things are going to happen. But I don’t have a full-time job I’m walking into. I’m not getting married. I’m not taking off to travel the world (for obvious reasons that are out of my control). I’m just graduating. Which is a really impressive thing to do. I couldn’t be prouder of myself, and I’m so grateful that I’ve been able to do this. 

Cal Lutheran has given me all the tools and experience I’ll need to get a job, though. I’ve had four years of classes and about 2 ½ years of internships in marketing that have prepared me for this.  When you’ve been in school your entire life, constantly grinding so that you can reach this point, it feels weird when you get there.  

woman in black dress stands outside in front of a fence holding her graduation cap
TinTin12 | Pixabay

More than anything, I’m excited. I’m finally doing something that I’ve always wanted to do. I’m jumping into the real world and hoping I like it. So, here’s to all the possibilities. 

Bari Cashman

Cal Lutheran '21

Bari Cashman is a student at California Lutheran University. She is currently pursuing a degree in Marketing Communications. She is an avid reader and writer.