This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Things have been stressful lately, I’m not going to lie! But for this article, I decided to highlight a few of my favorite products and books I have read this month that have left sparkles of happiness in my life. Though material things don’t fix the physical state we’re all in right now, it’s nice to enjoy little pockets of happiness every day. Go ahead and treat yourself!

1. Fenty Beauty Lip Gloss in the color “Fussy”

I have been dreaming of buying this lip gloss for about a year now and I finally caved and bought it! Not that it’s too expensive, but I always talked myself out of paying $19 for lip gloss… but after using it a few times I have to say it was worth every penny! Thank you, Rihanna!

Cosmetics and brushes rest on a table
Photo by Emma Bauso from Pexels

2. Rose Hip Seed Oil by The Ordinary

I just recently tried out this oil and I absolutely love it! I use it at night time after applying all my serums. It leaves my face feeling moisturized and soft! I highly recommend it. 

Sephora

3. Sale Pieces at Anthropologie 

Anthropologie has to be one of my favorite stores! However, it’s really expensive so I usually resort to buying from the sale section. They have a lot of cute knick-knacks and clothing items that are hard to pass by without purchasing!

4. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys

I read this novel this month for a class and ended up loving it! It’s a prequel to the amazing novel, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë, that focuses on Bertha, the wife of Mr. Rochester. It ended up being one of my favorite prequels, so if you have read Jane Eyre, I recommend you also read this prequel!

5. Lavender Kombucha

The absolute love of my life! Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love all things floral, including floral flavored drinks. I am also a HUGE fan of kombucha so putting the two together created my favorite drink! It’s definitely not everyone’s cup of tea but I love it!

I hope you choose to focus on five things this week that make you happy! We’re all getting through this together, sending love and peace!

Elysia Williams

Cal Lutheran '22

HI! My name is Elysia but you can call me Sia for short. I am a leader of Delight Ministries at Cal Lutheran and a writer for Her Campus. In my free time, I am usually with my friends or family making memories.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!