This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Shoes have always been my favorite thing to spend money on. Sneakers have always been an essential part of fashion. Recently, they have been becoming more popular as more people are expanding their sneaker collection.

I wouldn’t consider myself a sneakerhead, but I have a few pairs of sneakers that I love and wear often. I love white sneakers because they go with everything and can make any outfit look put together. With that being said, I’m going to share some of my favorite sneakers and brands, where the best places are to buy sneakers, and why they are essential in every college girl’s closet!

Soccer cleats
Original photo by Hannah Shively

Nike

Nike has the widest range of shoes and a great selection for everyone. Some of my favorite shoes from Nike are Blazers, Jordan’s, and Air Forces. Blazers are a perfect staple shoe because they are simple and can have a pop of color, such as black or blue, to add to any outfit. 

Recently, I have been obsessed with Jordan’s, the low ones specifically. Almost all of my shoes are white with a hint of color. I have two pairs of low Jordan’s that are my favorite, and I highly recommend them! 

You can never go wrong with a pair of air forces. Even though they are not my preferred shoes to wear, I still love them. I have a pair that are white with a pop of red. Not only are they simple, but they are around or under $100 – which is a great deal as some sneakers can be expensive.

Reebok 

Over the summer, I bought a pair of white Reebok’s, and I wear them almost every day. They are a perfect go-to, everyday shoe, and they are also super comfortable and go with everything I wear. They are also similar to the price of air forces, not too pricey, which is always a plus.

Other places to shop for sneakers

Besides Nike and Reebok, my other favorite place to buy shoes is GOAT. It’s a website that sells all brands of shoes, and this is where I buy my Jordans from. I love GOAT because if I’m looking for a certain shoe that is hard to find, I look on GOAT, and they have what I’m looking for. 

GOAT also has authentic and unique shoes that a lot of other stores and websites do not have. The only downside is that some of the shoes are very expensive. Some can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Typically these are the prices for high-end brands such as Off-White, Dior, Louis Vuitton, etc. I highly recommend shopping on GOAT’s website for shoes because they have a wide variety of the best sneakers!

Paige Sanders

Cal Lutheran '24

Hi! My name is Paige Sanders and I am from Stillwater, Minnesota. I am majoring in Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations and a minor in Environmental Studies. I enjoy spending time with friends at the beach, taking pictures, and writing.