This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

On a lovely Valentines Day, I decided to have a spa day by myself. Loneliness is natural and I feel like the first step to love is to love yourself.

Let’s get off social media and turn off the phone (if you’re not using it for an iPod) because this whole day is for you to enjoy! If you do feel lonely, feel free to bring a couple friends along.

Here’s what you need.

• a shower gel

• a scrub – DIY

• lotion/massage bar

• hair mask/hair treatment

• a clay mask

• movies

• food that’s not oily such as a salad, fruit, etc.

Super optional

• lip scrub and mask

• under eye patches

• sheet masks

So this is what I used

First, hop in the shower for a nice thirty minutes. Since we do not have bathtubs, use a shower gel. I used one called “Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair” from Lush and a sugar scrub from Gnarly Whale for aroma therapy. Both of them compliment each other because of their flowery scents!

After washing your hair and getting out of the shower, use a massage bar or lotion all over your body.  

I used the one on the left which is called Soft Coeur from Lush. I love the scent because it smells chocolatey. It really set the mood for the day and it made my skin super soft. The other one on the right, is from Badgerfacebeauty. It’s called “Let’s F*ck” it’s smelled like roses and I love it because of the name and the scent isn’t too flowery.

Then we got the face mask and the hair treatment. I got the Paula’s choice clay mask from my mother and I got the hibiscus mask from SW Basics.

So I mixed up the clay mask and the hibiscus mask together to create this reddish paste.

Applying this paste looks like I’m performing a ritual.

After applying the mask, put on a movie, sit back and enjoy!

I watched the Royal Tenenbaums by Wes Anderson. I also ate some salad while watching.

After I rinsed everything off in the shower, I put on the under eye patches.

I hung out with my under eye patches to take some of the darkness under my eyes. They work, but not as efficiently as I thought they would. (Also this is a selfie on my Sony DSLR Camera without anything on! #Confidence)

After I got done with my eye patches, I put on a sheet mask. Here is a picture of Justin Bieber with a sheet mask on, proving that pampering isn’t just for the ladies.

Sheet masks usually make your skin brighter and it feels really good after you’ve taken it off!

Then I put on this lip scrub called “The Kiss” from Lush.

I think it’s super adorable, it has little hearts and it tints your lips as well. The one thing I don’t like is that it’s super sweet. You’re supposed to lick it but I think it tastes so bad.

Finally, I put on the lip mask. This is a gift from the same friend; I really made so many jokes out of this. Honestly, I wouldn’t spend anything for a lip mask. I just loved putting it on and entertaining myself.

I felt so much better after this spa day. So, a spa day without a tub is possible!

The thing about spa days is to take it very slow! Take your time and have fun!

Thank you so much for reading and I’ll see you next time! 

Emily Yoshida

Cal Lutheran

Hi I'm Emily and Im a HCCLU Alum!         
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!