This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

During NYFW designers wowed us with their spring collections but it was the streets that debuted their own style which caught the attention of many. Stylish bloggers, important editors, and even regular people with great taste worked the streets outside the fashion shows and became inspirations for new items that may end up in your closet or you might already own these things.

Denim Denim Denim

Denim is always a safe, go to piece but wearing it top to bottom can be risky and people tend to avoid the blue jean. I remember my best friend wore denim on denim to school once and she got so much slack for it that she never wore her denim shirt ever again. It was a shame too, because it was a cute top.

However, on every corner of New York there was always an abundance of jean being worn and appreciated all over the internet. If you want to wear head to toe denim, you work it.

Neon is the New Black

Some people can be intimidated to wear neon colors but with the help from the color black, wearing fluorescents has never been easier. Outside the shows, people rocked their bright tops, skirts, pants and never failed to have that black piece to balance their outfit out. Neon is a fun way to express yourself and you can be sure that you will be able to catch the eye of anyone.

Layer on Layers

Inside the venues it is packed wall to wall with fashion frenzy people, so you can probably guess that it is pretty warm on the inside. The weather on the outside, however, is a totally different story. New York tends to be on the colder side, so layered clothing can be spotted avenue to avenue. Layering is not only a good way to keep warm against the brisk, fall air but you can also look fantastic in a big jacket with something underneath or a sweater dresses with a jacket over it.

You could do all of this in New York but Cal Lutheran is another story. I would hold off on the chunky sweaters and long coats for a while until the weather drops out of these ridiculously high temperatures. Hopefully it gets colder in the upcoming weeks to break out the fall attire.

Goodbye New York Fashion Week. Until next season!

I am currently a Freshmen at Cal Lutheran and majoring in Global Studies. I have a love for fashion, travel, and having adventures with friends.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!