Simply Regal: London Fashion Week 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

When I hear about London Fashion Week, I think of it as an awkward pause between Milan and Paris Fashion Week. There are many fabulous designers, but it doesn’t excite people as much as the other Fashion Weeks. Maybe it is because London does not have the long line of internationally known fashion houses like Chanel or Armani. I am honestly not sure why it doesn’t get as hyped as New York or Paris but London Fashion Week did have some lovely shows that stood out this season.

Topshop Unique

Creative director Kate Phelan said in Vogue that the collection was inspired by “fabulous English girls and the English countryside”. This is evident in the fur, tweed, plaid, and neutral colors.

Burberry

Burberry’s creative director Christopher Bailey focused mainly on outerwear with oversized coats and long trench coats. These structured coats look amazing and are perfect for the cold, rainy weather of Great Britain. 

Ashish

Two words to describe this bizarre show would be glitter and fros. Models strutted their stuff in dresses that sparkled bright and afros of many colors. Honestly, this is my favorite show from London Fashion Week.  

Photos via londonfashionweek.co.uk

I am currently a Freshmen at Cal Lutheran and majoring in Global Studies. I have a love for fashion, travel, and having adventures with friends.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!