This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Do you wanna build a snowman? No you don’t! You wanna build Elsa’s braid! Elsa’s braid from Frozen is one of the most iconic hairstyles. Her braid is loose, full, and chic. Who wouldn’t want to recreate the style?

I decided to make the braid a little different than the original because not everyone has Elsa-style volume. I did a Dutch braid to create more volume but maintained the way Elsa’s braid is placed on one side of her head and pulls in hair from the other side.

Let’s get started! This is a really easy style to do!

1.     Create a deep side part. Take the top section of hair on the deep side of the part. Divide it into three sections and begin braiding under.           

2.     Create a Dutch braid; on one side of the side of the hair next to the braid add a piece of hair. Add a piece of hair from the clear opposite side of the head. Use a comb to smooth the hair out.

3.     Continue doing this all the way down the head, keeping the braid on one side of the head.

4.     Secure the ends with an elastic tie. Then go back and pull on the edges of the loops of the braid.

And you’re done! Super quick and easy! 

Thanks for reading! Have a fun day and remember to let it go and relax! :) 

Hi! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am sophomore Sociology/English major at Cal Lutheran University. This is my first year writing for Her Campus and I am very proud and excited to have joined the team. I aim to provide general lifestyle tips and ideas for my blog, as a means of making a campus dorm more homey. Thank you for reading!
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!