Simply Regal: Contouring 101

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Welcome back, Regals! One of the looks that people have been requesting is how to contour, so this week I decided to show you guys how. When contouring, you’re creating shadowing with your contour powder or cream and using highlighter to make the higher points of your face stand out. It is incredibly important to use a matte shade to contour. Although, you can use a sparkly bronzer to contour it’s not recommended because bronzer is used to create warmth on the face and not create shadows and depth.

1. Contour different areas of your face that you would like to be more defined such as your cheekbones, nose, temples, and jaw.

2. Then close to the areas that you contoured use a highlighter to highlight the higher areas of your face to create definition.

3. Once that is finished blend everything together in order to create a cohesive look.

Thanks for reading and please let me know if you have any suggestions for any looks in the future by contacting me at mhiatt@callutheran.edu

Mackenzie Hiatt

Cal Lutheran

Mackenzie is currently a Business Major with a Minor in Chemistry at Cal Lutheran.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!