Simply Regal: Best of Paris Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

With the last catwalk officially done at Paris Fashion Week, so concludes all the world’s major fashion shows for the season. At the end of September, thousands of people come out to play in the streets of Paris and attend some of the most prestigious shows in the world. Let’s rewind to a few weeks ago and see some of the biggest events in Paris.

Balmain

The Balmain army, lead by head designer Olivier Rousteing, was a star-studded show not to miss. Some of the world’s biggest models took the floor to flaunt the nude palette of the 2016 spring collection. Camel browns, dark browns, and off-whites with pops of color were some of the statement pieces found on models such as Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid. Olivier Rousting did a fantastic job with feminine silhouettes and intertwined sex appeal. 

Alexander McQueen

When I think of Alexander McQueen, the first things to come into my mind are skulls, black, and outrageous couture dresses. But this upcoming spring season brings forth a sense of romanticism. White, pale pinks, and lace changed the image of the gloomy Alexander McQueen we all know. Sarah Burton, head designer, is credited for being the light source to this somber brand. This change is not at all a bad thing because the pieces still keep the aesthetic of the Alexander McQueen we all know and love.

Elie Saab

Lace and florals are the go-tos for Elie Saab, and this runway did not let anyone down. Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid took to this legendary catwalk in the house’s iconic short, sweet dresses, and long, flowing gowns which again wowed the crowd. Elie Saab is always a designer whose gowns are easily recognized, and heads will turn in awe when someone is seen wearing this on the streets of Paris. 

Goodbye Fashion Week, and thank you for all the new designs. Until next year!

I am currently a Freshmen at Cal Lutheran and majoring in Global Studies. I have a love for fashion, travel, and having adventures with friends.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!