Sick of TV? These 5 Netflix shows, make the best binge watches!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

1. Stranger Things –seasons available: 1, season 2 on TVStranger Things is both a loving tribute to 1980’s science-fiction and horror, while also telling the story of four children growing up in the ’80s who find their town hides supernatural secrets. The story begins when Will, one of the four boys returning home after a night of playing Dungeons and Dragons, goes missing without a trace, leaving behind a lost girl. With twists and turns, gruesome murders, and a mystery as thrilling to solve as it is to watch play out, it’s no wonder Stranger Things was a breakout hit when it first premiered.

2. Riverdale –season available: 1If you’re looking for a new teen/adult drama to get obsessed with, I’ve found the perfect show for you! Riverdale is a new show that aired in late January on the CW, and season 1 is currently on Netflix! It’s a murder mystery show that is based off of the classic Archie Comic characters, Archie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica, and many more. It combines an exciting plot, a charming town and diner, and realistic and beautifully flawed characters to create a wonderful synergy.

3. Friends –seasons available: 1-10Who can forget the famous intro song in Friends! You’ve probably seen an episode of Friends here and there over the years, but if you haven’t taken the plunge and watched it all the way through, you’re missing out. You’ll fall in love with Phoebe, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Ross and Joey. We all relate to their struggles of learning to adult in NYC. 

4. The Office –seasons available: 1-9The Office is all about people like us just in exaggerated to hilarious extremes. Who hasn’t had the boss who would buy himself a mug stating that he is, in fact, the best boss? There’s always a woman obsessed with her cats a few cubicles over. And there’s always a Dwight, someone who cares way too much about the job, and may or may not have the potential to be a serial killer. Now that the series has ended, there’s no better time to revisit The Office from the beginning.

5. Ozark –season available: 1Ozark, a new crime drama from Netflix starring Jason Bateman. He plays Marty, a self-employed financial adviser who lives with his family in Chicago. While there, he and his partner begin laundering money for a Mexican drug cartel. Marty is forced to relocate his family to the Missouri Ozarks after one of his money laundering schemes goes south. You won’t want to pass up this excellent Netflix original. Season one is currently streaming.

There you have it,treat yourself this week, and binge watch any of the above Netflix series because #Netflix is life!All Images courtesy of tumblr.com

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!