The Several Stages of Getting Starbucks on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

So you want to go to Starbucks on campus? Well you better time it right. Here are the stages of going to Starbucks when it’s less busy compared to those pesky peak hours. 

Less Busy: 

You decide you’re going to try to get Starbucks before class so you’re rushing to get ready.

Once you reach those doors to look inside of Starbucks, you see there’s no line and your cravings take over.

Luky for you, you get inside, order your drink/food, and are well on your way to class.

Peak Time:

It’s 9:30 a.m. on a Wednesday. Or during chapel hour on a Thursday. You can’t help but be drawn to Starbucks and at this point you have a one track mind focused only on coffee. 

As soon as you walk in you see that the line is now a maze going around multiple corners of Starbucks, and you make this face at the people you pass to get to the end of the line.

The line is “somewhat” moving and just as you get towards the front someone has three friends join them in line in front of you.

You get to the front and are ready to order, then realizing they’ve run out of your favorite thing.

You finally get your order in and you see that there are about 20 cups of coffee to be made in front of yours.

You can feel it…  Your coffee is up next but then the person in front of you complains and insists on getting something changed.

At last you get your coffee, and even though you’re late for some responsibility it feels really good to walk past those people still waiting in line.

thumbnail picture: http://freewilliamsburg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/1653e9a.jpg

Andrea Whisler

Cal Lutheran

I am currently a Senior at California Lutheran University and my major is Business Administration with an emphasis in Management and my minor is Communications. I have a passion for all writing, sports, puppies, and food.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!