This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Meet Sam Wulfestieg: a top-of-the-class cutie who loves waterpolo and studying the human body. She’s a hard worker and a focused learner who’s not afraid to work hard in the pool.

Name: Sam Wulfestieg

Major: Biology

Year: Sophomore

Age: 20

Birthplace: Great Falls, Montana, but I am most recently from Lompoc, California.

Relationship Status: Single

Hobbies: Gardening or scuba diving.

Favorite Book: The Book Thief

Favorite Movie: Wall-E

Favorite Color: Yellow

Favorite Movie Snack: Zours

Celebrity Crush: David Tennat

Favorite Dog: Boston Terrier, and I have one at home named Lola.

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: What do you want to do after you graduate Cal Lutheran?

Sam Wulfestieg: After another 11 years of schooling, I hope to become Pediatric Oncologist.

HC: Do you play any sports?

SW: I have been playing water polo for four years, and I am a whole set player, or the offensive player directly in front of the goal.

HC: What’s the best part about water polo?

SW: My wonderful teammates, of course.

HC: And what’s the most diffuclt part of being on the CLU team?

SW: To train, we have practice four times a week in the off season with two mornings of weights, and then we add morning swim practices in the on-season. The hardest part about it is waking up at 5 a.m. for swim conditioning practice, but being in shape to finish close games makes it all worth it.

HC: Name three things on your bucket list.

SW: To one-day visit anywhere in Australia, see a sunrise at Stonehenge, and hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

HC: Where is your ultimate vacation destination?

SW: My ultimate vacation destination is one I already went to this summer. In Fort Bragg, California, there is a beach made completely out of old beach glass, and as I am an avid beach-comber, it was pretty much paradise.

HC: What’s your favorite part about being a girl?

SW: As a girl, I like that it is slightly less likely for me to be color-blind or to have hemophilia, as that is mostly reserved for males who only have one x chromosome (YAY biology!)

HC: Favorite quote?

SW: “Not all who wander are lost,” by J.R.R. Tolkein.

Rachael Balcom

Cal Lutheran

Rachael is a Cal Lutheran junior and communication major also following the premed track. Originally from San Diego, she enjoys juggling, well-buttered popcorn, and writing about unpopular opinions.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!