This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Female CEOs can be overlooked in today’s world of well-known and top CEOs. When people are asked to name CEOs, they will most often name CEOs such as Mark Zuckerberg or Jeff Bezos. It is important that more women in business are getting the recognition they deserve in the male-dominated business field of corporate America. CEO women are sometimes hard to come by. Here are some successful companies that you may not have known are run by women.

1. Karen S. Lynch – CEO of CVS

Karen S. Lynch has been the CEO of CVS for the past two years. Prior to CVS, she has held executive positions in many other companies, such as Aetna. Her career began in accounting, but she has spent most of her life working in health care. In February of 2021, she became the highest-ranking female CEO in the United States. Lynch has an exceptional history in business, and she continues to stay passionate about her work.

1. Carol B. Tomé – CEO of UPS

Carol B. Tomé formerly held an executive position at Home Depot until 2019. She has since then been a CEO at UPS for the past four years. Tomé is the first female CEO of UPS, and the 12th CEO of UPS. She has been named one of the world’s most powerful businesswomen in Forbes twice since 2012. Tomé focuses heavily on her business and management strategies as a CEO.

1. Kathryn McLay – CEO of Sam’s Club

Kathryn McLay started the position of Sam Club’s CEO four years ago. She leads a team of more than 500,000 workers across 18 different countries. She is noted for being very strategic with leading supply chain operations. Recently, she spoke at Fortune Most Powerful Women Summit on her experience as a female executive. McLay has been a source of inspiration for other women in business.

1. Lauren Hobart – CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods

Lauren Hobart has been leading DSG since 2021. She also founded the Sports Matter program to grant scholarships to youth sports programs. Hobart has participated in numerous leadership roles throughout her previous careers at Wells Fargo, PepsiCo, and JPMorgan Chase. Hobart is acknowledged to be one of the most successful and influential businesswomen. 

1. Michele Buck – CEO of Hershey

Michele Buck has been the CEO of Hershey for the past six years. She is the first female CEO of the company, and the 12th CEO of the company. Since she has been the CEO, Hershey has been named one of the most female-friendly corporations in America. Buck is well known for giving advice to women in the workforce. She is a well versed and passionate leader in the business world.

1. Corie Barry – CEO of Best Buy

Corie Barry became the first female CEO of Best Buy in 2019. She is ranked in the top ten of Fortune’s Most Powerful Women list. Barry is recognized for her drivenness and commitment to her work. She has used her platform to speak out about social justice topics. She strives to create a safe work environment for all 102,000 of her employees.

1. Jennifer Hyman – CEO of Rent the Runway

Jennifer Hyman attended Harvard Business School and graduated with an MBA. She is not only the CEO of Rent the Runway, but she is also a co-founder of the company. She met the co-founder of Rent the Runway, Jenn Fleiss, while attending grad school. They were able to start-up the newly founded business in 2009, and it is now valued to be worth around $1 billion. Hyman is admired for her entrepreneurial ability.

1. Lynsi Snyder – CEO of In-N-Out Burger

Lynsi Snyder carries on the legacy of her family through In-N-Out Burger, which her grandparents founded in 1948. She took over the chain restaurant in 2010 and is responsible for overseeing around 27,000 employees. Snyder was awarded the Los Angeles Business Journal Women’s Business Leadership CEO of the year in 2021. She has been proud to maintain her family-owned business throughout the years.

Chloe Sinning

Cal Lutheran '27

Hi! My name is Chloe, and I am from Mankato, Minnesota. I am studying Accounting at Cal Lutheran. I am a writer for Her Campus, and I'm also the CFO of Women in Business! My personal interests include reading, listening to music, traveling, going to concerts, and writing about my different interests! I also love going to bookstores, coffee shops, and thrift stores. I love hanging out with my family, friends, and my cats. I am a really big fan of 90's rock! Some of my favorite artists are Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Hole, and Bikini Kill. I am really interested in women's empowerment, inclusivity, mental health awareness, and sustainability.