This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Meet the well-rounded senior, Ramsey Abushahla who balances being the sports editor for The Echo newspaper as well as playing right field on the Kingsmen baseball team.

Name: Ramsey Abushahla 

Major: Communications with a Journalism Emphasis

Year: Senior

Hometown: Woodland Hills, CA

Relationship Status: Single

Height: 6’3

Hobbies: Baseball, Music

Nicknames: Bush Daddy, Zees, Lord Bushington

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: How do you feel about being a campus cutie?

Ramsey Abushahla: It’s a great honor. I want to live up to the reputation of those who came before me and I want to be an example for those to come next. Definitely a high point of my CLU career so far.

HC: What made you want to come to Cal Lutheran?

RA: Baseball mostly. The proximity to home and the beautiful weather and campus helped as well. 

HC: In what ways are you involved on campus?

​RA: In addition to playing baseball I am the Sports Editor of The Echo, the student-run newspaper at CLU.

HC: What is your favorite thing about working for The Echo?

​RA: Telling stories that people may not know. I like to write stories on interesting people and events are always fun too.

HC: How do you think working for The Echo will help you in the future?

​RA: It has given me a basic knowledge of journalism. I still have a long way to go but I’ve had a great experience with The Echo and I definitely want to be in the journalism field after I graduate.

HC: How long have you been playing baseball?

​RA: Since I was 5 years old.

HC: What position are you?

​RA: Right field.

HC: What are you looking forward to most this season?

​RA: Being able to go out and compete every day with my best friends. Also winning a fourth consecutive conference championship and making it out of a regional.

HC: What’s your worst habit?

​RA: Procrastination.

HC: What’s something not a lot of people know about you but you think they should?

​RA: I’ve been playing the piano since I was 5. I also skipped kindergarten and should be a junior instead of a senior.

HC: If you could be any cartoon character, who would it be and why?

​RA: TJ Detweiler from Recess because while he wasn’t the smartest guy, he knew how pull off schemes never seen in any other cartoon.

HC: If you had a time machine, where would you go and why?

​RA: Back to high school because that’s where I peaked.

HC: What’s your idea of a perfect date?

​RA: Anything that involves doing something we both enjoy.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about Christmas?

​RA: Being around my family and friends and of course the great food.

HC: What is best thing you could receive for Christmas?

​RA: A brand new elbow (jk) honestly having a good time with my family is a good enough gift for me.

Dianna Rohrer

Cal Lutheran

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!