This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

For the month of March, the Her Campus Cal Lutheran Photography team got challenged to share a faceless photograph that can tell a story. Here is what they said!

Amy Harger

My grandma passed away a few years ago. She loved Disneyland, but her favorite part by far was It’s a Small World. My grandpa hadn’t been back in many many years and this was his first time going without her. He began to cry a little remembering how much she loved this place, both out of sorrow and happiness.

Keely Krasomil

I love doing photo shoots with friends, and this is one of the photo shoots that I will never forget. That day I became friends with super rad people. We couldn’t stop laughing and have joked around about memes, Ghost Adventures, and other hilarious topics in the Instagram DM’s ever since. We have recently desired to go on another awesome adventure, and I’m sure it will be another one for the books.

Rachel Guerrero

One of my best friends had been having a pretty rough week. We decided to take a trip to Santa Barbara to get away from campus for a little while. What originally started as a trip to the beach turned into a photo shoot. Not only did we relax and forget about the impending doom of midterms, but I was able to provide my friend with a way to get her mind off everything that she had been going through.

Christine Weyers

Miraculously, for once my friends and I were able to go to Improv, which was coincidentally the week before spring break started. We usually already have previous commitments with church, clubs, an exam the next day or 5 am practice on Friday, so being able to finally take a break from school and classes was much needed. Of course, Starbucks is obligatory if you have those extra meal swipes so we decided to kick off Spring Break with some pink drinks, frappuccinos, and a hot chocolate while watching some great entertainment. Definitely the way the I wanted to start my break.

Taylor Netter

During winter break, I had the opportunity to fly to Florida for a family reunion. It was great to reconnect with all my loved ones and spend time with each other. On my last day there, it was bittersweet, but we had a picnic at the park where all my little cousin wanted to do was swing.

Regina De La Pena

One of my favorite things to do is hike, it clears my mind and I feel so accomplished when I make it to the finishing point.  For me on this particular hike, the finishing point was at the top of this mountain. Only a few people can finish this trail and I felt so accomplished that I was able to do this at least once in my lifetime.

Jessica Garibay

One of the biggest passions my boyfriend has is web development.  I am always in awe whenever he is working on something because everything is like a foreign language to me! He is so smart and loves learning and creating new projects.  I am so proud of him for doing what he loves and for always working on bettering his abilities.

Karyme Lara Chagoya

On Saturday, March 24, thousands of people gathered in downtown Los Angeles for the “March for Our Lives” rally. There were students, parents, teachers, as well as others chanting through the streets of LA. “What do we want?” “Gun Control!” “When do we want it?” “Now!” All of these people marched, hoping that their voice will finally be heard.

Natalia Bertirotti

My best friend and I love taking pictures of anything we see. We see all the potential the world has to offer and decide to capture it to be able to reminisce about the beauty later on. In Santa Cruz, she saw beautiful flowers that had bloomed right after a rainy day and decided to take a picture of it, to be able to capture the beauty she is seeing in front of her, and share it with the rest of the world. Being able to look back at all of our pictures and still see the beauty within each photo is a wonderful feeling we will never forget.  

Victoria Lahney

I love the quote from Forrest Gump, “My Mama always said you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes, where they going, where they been.” To me, our shoes represent the journey of our lives and the steps we are taking to get there.

Alexia Lee

A year ago, my sister broke her foot while doing gymnastics. In this picture, she is practicing her split leap for the competition in which she would win the gold medal. She’s worked so hard to get back into it and her hard work paid off. I couldn’t be more proud of her.

Every picture tells a story. We hope that you enjoyed reading ours!

HCxo,

Her Campus Cal Lutheran Photography Team

Taylor Netter

Cal Lutheran

I am the Photography Director for Her Campus Cal Lutheran. I am currently a senior studying Education in hopes of becoming an elementary school teacher.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!