andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Name: Paulyn Baens

Major: Communications with Public Relations emphasis

Year: Junior

Hometown: Walnut Creek, CA

Relationship Status: Single AF lol

Height: 5’2″

Favorite Sport: Surfing

Favorite Food: Acai bowls

Nicknames: Pauly B or P

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: What is your favorite season and why?

Paulyn Baens: I love the Fall time! You get to wear the cutest warm clothes and it’s the only time of year I feel like it’s socially acceptable snuggle up in bed and watch Netflix all day.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

PB: Going to the beach, meeting famous people (haha), shopping, reading, traveling, etc… I just have a lot of hobbies!

HC: How do you feel about being a Campus Cutie?

PB: I’m so excited to be a Campus Cutie! Since Her Campus started up last semester I’ve low key been hoping that one day I’d get chosen. I could check this one off the bucket list!

HC: What has been your favorite memory at CLU so far?

PB: My favorite memory at CLU so far has been Callupalooza. Every year I’m riding the Nochella bus and Callupalooza helps you feel less awful about not being at Coachella.

HC: If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be and why?

PB: Driven. I feel like no matter what happens in life, whether it be good or bad, I keep pushing myself to go further and try new things. I am also super career oriented and cannot wait until I’m working in the entertainment industry and doing something I love!

HC: What’s a random fact about you?

PB: I’m currently studying abroad on Semester at Sea!!!

HC: What first interested you in studying abroad?

PB: I love everything SAS has to offer. I’m living on a fully functioning cruise ship taking classes and getting to go all over the world. Life ain’t so bad when you’re living on the ocean.

HC: How has it been so far?

PB: It’s been a whirlwind, that’s for sure! The beginning was awful because we hit a storm… The ship was swaying like crazy and everyone was so sick. But now every day gets better and better! On the ship I go from class, to the pool, to class again, and then back outside to tan. Off the ship, we do whatever we want. I’m currently in Italy and having a BLAST. Pasta every single day… Bliss.

HC: What do you miss most about not being at CLU this semester?

PB: I miss my friends and the CLU community the most. Starting SAS felt like freshman year all over again–having to meet new people and find your place. I missed the comfort of my friends at school, especially when I see the fun things that I’m missing out on over social media!!

HC: What is your favorite thing about studying abroad?

PB: I AM TRAVELING THE FREAKIN WORLD!!!

HC: What do you hope to gain from your trip?

PB: I hope to gain a global perspective on how others live. We’re so privileged and in a bubble in the States and I want to be able to step out of my comfort zone for once in my life.

HC: What is your most embarrassing moment?

PB: I was fully convinced I knew this girl standing behind me so I whipped around all dramatically and said “hi” to her… It wasn’t who I thought it was!

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?

PB: When people don’t use their turn signals while driving.

HC: What’s your worst habit?

PB: Putting myself down. It’s sad, but everyone’s their own worst critic.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

PB: In 10 years I’ll be 30, what the heck! I see myself as an established publicist living in LA with my own family, driving a GWagon, and working on signing the contracts to my own television show on E!. That’s probably the most basic thing I’ve ever said.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

PB: LMAO this is easy… Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

HC: Who is the biggest inspiration in your life and why?

PB: Does my dog count? She’s so cute and happy all the time. Two things which I try to embody in life haha!

HC: What is your ideal first date?

PB: I’d love to get dinner at a cute restaurant and go to the beach for sunset. It’s pretty simple.

HC: Favorite movie of all time?

PB: The Titanic. Which is ironic because I’m currently living on a ship.

HC: Biggest fear?

PB: Spiders

HC: If you could have one super power, what would it be?

PB: I’d want the ability to transport myself anywhere in the world when I wanted to.

HC: If you had a time machine, where would you go and why?

PB: If I had a time machine I would go back to the 1970’s or 80’s! People were way cooler back then. I imagine life being like the movie “American Graffiti”.

Dianna Rohrer

Cal Lutheran

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!