Oh the Things You Can Do… With Yogurt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Looking for something exciting to eat, but don’t want junk food? Yogurt is your new best friend. Use it to transform your food into something fun throughout your day.

Yogurt Bark for Breakfast.

Try this recipe for one of those fast “gotta-get-out-the-door” mornings as your breakfast.

Ingredients.

Yogurt (any type)

Fruit or Fruity cereal.

How to make:

1.      Line a pan with parchment paper and fill it with yogurt, not too thick, not too thin.

2.      Sprinkle in your cut fruit or fruity cereal.

3.      Put pan into freezer and freeze for a few hours, depending on your pan size.

4.      Pull out of the freezer and break the yogurt into pieces.

Enjoy!

Yogurt-Covered Fruit for Afternoon Snacks.

Satisfy that in between lunch/dinner craving with this.

Ingredients.

Yogurt (any type)

Fruit

How to make:

1.      Wash the fruit.

2.      Dip the fruit into the yogurt and swirl it until it is nicely covered with yogurt.

3.      Place the yogurt covered fruit on a baking sheet and carefully carry to the freezer.

4.      After an hour, take them out.

Enjoy!

Yogurt Cup for Dessert

Substitute this treat for dessert. It is just as sweet.

Ingredients

Yogurt

Cut Strawberries or Bananas

How to Make:

1.      Lay out the cupcake liners on a pan.

2.      Dollop the yogurt into a cup.

3.      Cut a strawberry in half or a banana slice and place on top of the yogurt.

4.      Place the cups into the freezer for a couple of hours.

5.      Remove from the fridge and remove the cup liners.

Serve and enjoy. 

Oh yogurt! Such a delightful food. 

My name is Marisa Shlichtman and I am attending Cal Lutheran University where I will be studying theatre and communications. I love anything about theatre and have acted and directed before. I used to play soccer and still love the sport though I don't play anymore. This magazine is the first magazine I have written for but it sounds like an amazing opportunity to get involved within my campus and try something new.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!