This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

With the holidays quickly approaching it is time to start thinking about gifts if you haven’t already! We’ve all been there when you want to buy someone a gift and your mind goes completely blank – if that sounds familiar, keep reading!

For the person who loves makeup

Sephora, Ulta, and Target all have gift sets with makeup. You can get gift sets that are specifically mascaras, lip products, or eye shadows or you can get gifts that have a variety of products for the person to try. The prices range from around $15 up to around $50. These are great options as you can tailor the content for what the person likes and needs and you can also decide how much you want to spend!

For the person who likes to be cozy

In my opinion, you can never go wrong with a soft blanket and matching fuzzy socks! It is a foolproof gift – you can’t have too many. Again, you can choose whether you want to make the gift holiday-themed or stick with the person’s favorite color. My go-to for blankets and fuzzy socks is Target and Homegoods – they always have a large selection to choose from.

For the person who is into fitness

A great gift for someone who is into fitness is an Owala FreeSip water bottle. What makes this water bottle different is that it comes with both a straw and a normal opening instead of making you have to choose one option. You can also choose from a variety of sizes and colors to make it more personal to the individual.

For the person who seems to have everything

Some people are particularly hard to buy for and it is easy to get stuck on what to get them. I find that a great option for these people is to get something that is personalized to them. This could range from a personalized blanket from Baublebar, or an engraved lipstick from YSL, or a set of engraved glasses. The trick is to think outside of the box and think of something that most people do not have.

For the person obsessed with home decor 

We all know people who love to have their home perfect. A choice for this person that never fails is a diffuser. A diffuser makes a good gift for everyone to give as you can find them from $10 up to over $100 as well as in a variety of scents and looks. 

Whether you love buying gifts for people or it’s something that you dread each year, hopefully, this gift guide can give you some inspiration! 

Beth Baker

Cal Lutheran '23

I am a senior studying Psychology with a minor in Business Administration. I am interested in fashion, beauty and makeup.