This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Social media has become a hotspot for chaos to erupt over several different topics. It can lead to back and forth arguing that sometimes tends to get really heated. 

Now, within less than one second, someone can voice their opinions through a simple tweet, by reposting something, or by posting an image. In a perfect world, everyone would agree with you and approve of all that you do and share, but that is almost impossible. I don’t think harsh arguments should erupt if someone runs into something they don’t agree with, instead they should build the courage to see something you might not like/agree with and simply scroll past it. Now I perfectly understand there are times where people need to be corrected if they spread false information, but even then it should be done in a respectful manner. 

“so instead of you going down the road of frustrating yourself and working up a temper, just remove them”

But let’s get down to the message of my article, if you see someone posting content or their opinions that don’t match with yours, unfollow them/remove them off your social media. It’s one’s own personal phone–it is YOUR PROPERTY. We have the power of letting the people into our lives make us feel the way we do. So instead of you going down the road of frustrating yourself and working up a temper, just remove them. You keeping them around even though all they do is make you angry, is not healthy. Remember social media can get pretty unhealthy at times and in one second you can unfollow/remove someone that causes you anger. It is YOUR phone. Don’t let anyone upset you. I promise, you will feel better later on now that you don’t constantly have to see their content.

My name is Wendy and I am a Sociology and Spanish major at California Lutheran University. I have lived in Ventura County all my life, making me a huge fan of the beach. I love to read on my down time, spend time with friends and workout. My love for writing began during quarantine where I found it to be a great way to express myself! I hope you enjoy my articles!