This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Different places, smells, songs, and foods can bring back certain memories, transport you to a different place, and mean different things to different people. While every student at Cal Lutheran sees the different locations and natural beauty of campus, each person has their own unique interaction and feeling toward it. For this project, members of the photography team of Her Campus at Cal Lutheran took pictures of their favorite part about campus and explained what makes it ‘My CalLu.’

Taylor Netter, Sophomore

“The Education Landing is my favorite place on campus. It is a beautiful and quiet place that not many Cal Lu students know about.”

Jessica van der Laan, Freshman

“I have been a competitive swimmer for almost 11 years, and when I was applying to colleges I decided that I wanted to continue swimming. I visited so many schools but none of them felt like I could make it my home until I came to CLU. When I first saw the pool here I fell in love, and when I met the team I decided that I had to come here and swim no matter what.”

Alyssa Ann Daoang, Sophomore

“The William Rolland Stadium represents “MyCalLu” because this is where the school comes together. It’s so nice seeing students, families, and friends coming together in full spirit!”

Ellie Wang, Sophomore

“Cal Lu has such a calming, peaceful, and gorgeous campus. I feel very happy and comfortable to study and live here.”

Nicole Thompson, Sophomore

“There is beauty all around our school.”

Kaitlyn Hofmeister, Freshman

“My CalLu consists of all the friends, and roommates, that I have made throughout the month that I’ve spent here. We all spend a lot of time in our dorm room whether it be studying or movie nights.”

Maggie Devlin, Freshman

“It’s starting to look a lot like Halloween.”

Tori Miller, Freshman

“This is the bridge and creek in Kingsmen Park, and it was the very first impression I had of Cal Lu that made me excited to come here!”

Darby Neveu, Freshman

“Golden Inspiration”

Elizabeth Barajas, Sophomore

“When I think of Cal Lu, I think of a quiet and friendly environment where I can be focused, and of course I had to include Gumby in the back!”

Luz Guevara, Sophomore

“My photo is of my roommate Jane in “The Labyrinth” on campus behind the chapel. It represents CalLu to me because it’s an isolated spot located on campus where people go to relax and be in a peaceful and safe environment, CalLu is very much like that. It’s nestled in a quiet city amongst bigger ones such as Ventura, Santa Barbara or Los Angeles, and allows us to feel safe, welcomed and loved.”

Briana Cue, Sophomore

“I took the picture of my desk seeing as it is a place where I spend most of my time other than in my bed. My desk is somewhere where I can be productive in my own little space while getting stuff done with a little help from my Starbucks drink.”

Mandy Avella, Sophomore

“The picture I submitted is MyCalLu because the soccer field is my home away from home. It is the one place where I can go to forget about everything and destress. The field also has the most beautiful scenery during sunset.”

Amy Harger, Junior

“The top of this hill is my part of CalLu where I feel so small, but in the best way possible.”

Bailey Van Buren, Sophomore

“I chose this picture to represent My Cal Lutheran because of two main factors. One being Gumby because he plays an enormous role in creating a welcoming campus; and also my roommate, who I have known since the first grade, for always being there for me and making life an adventure.”

Megan Shepherd, Freshman

“My bedroom is My CalLu because it perfectly describes my personality. I have all of my favorite pictures up there and my California flag as well. I am not from California but I love this state so much. I also get to put all of my favorite stuffed animals on my bed too.”

Kaitlyn Sloniker, Sophomore

“The spine connects a lot of things together and the colors of the benches show CLU pride.”

Keely Krasomil, Sophomore

“Teamwork makes the world go round!”

Nelleke Meerman, Freshman

“This picture represents how I have found home at CalLu. Living in Thompson with my best friend and spending time together makes CLU feel like home.”

Leslie Madrigal, Freshman

“My photo represents “MyCalLu” because Gumby signifies wisdom and courage to me everyday when I pass it. I feel like Gumby brings happiness to the campus and sends out a strong message to the students and staff of CLU.”

HCxo,

Her Campus Cal Lutheran Photography Team

Taylor Netter

Cal Lutheran

I am the Photography Director for Her Campus Cal Lutheran. I am currently a senior studying Education in hopes of becoming an elementary school teacher.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!