Meet the Intern: Aaron C. Bowman!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Name: Aaron C. Bowman

Year: Senior

Major: Business Marketing

Hometown: Santa Barbara, CA/ Florence, Alabama

If you ever walk past the spine or in front of Ullman Commons, then you’ve definitely seen Aaron. He is constantly talking to new people and trying to interact with as many people as he can on campus. He is the Campus Marketing Intern and it is his job to involve himself with the campus and connect with others. He does so in order to market information regarding events at Cal Lutheran, whether it is through verbal communication or digital/print media. He is also in charge of the @callueats Instagram page, where he notifies students of upcoming events at Ullman or of new foods they will be offering.

Aaron initially came to Cal Lutheran for baseball, but when he got here he realized he no longer wanted to play the sport. Instead, in his sophomore year he picked up rugby and was hooked. Now, as a senior, he is a co-captain of the Cal Lutheran Rugby team. One quote of Aaron’s that we can all learn from and live by is “if you want to do something, just go out and try it.” Through rugby, he has learned important lessons on how to be a leader as well as team player, something most people struggle with balancing. He says “leaders encourage others along with supporting their words with actions.” 

By living on both sides of the nation, Aaron has been able to learn the differences between the populations of people from California and Alabama. He’s realized the type of people you deal with are important to your culture. Furthermore, in Alabama, he has weather change, a slower environment, and his family. Family is the most important thing to him and he would do anything for them. By far he is the youngest of a huge family and he became an uncle by the age of eight. Going to high school in Alabama also allowed him to form a tight-knit group of friends, whom he still is close to today. He believes his character was formed throughout high school and earlier due to the things that were engrained into him. 

By interning for Sodexo, the company affiliated with Ullman Commons, Aaron is planning to organize a 5K in which students from Cal Lutheran can help the company with their mission. The 5K will be on April 23rd, and will be focused on the “Stop Hunger Foundation.” Sodexo works extremely hard to make sure all children in America, especially those at more risk, are provided with enough access to food to have a healthy life. Children are not able to prevent themselves from growing up in hunger, and so now we have an opportunity to help them. Along with the 5K, food will be collected and marked into paper bag food packages to give to the children in need. If you would like to participate, look out for the event and lend out a helping hand. 

Singing, writing, and photography are what I love to do.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!