sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Me Oh My, How The Time Does Fly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

You feel like there is no time to do anything, but you are doing something all the time. The days seem long, but the weeks and months go too fast. You are getting your days jumbled up because you thought you did something that happened yesterday, but what you are remembering really happened like three weeks ago. How does that happen? Whatever it is, my understanding is that life just keeps on going, whether you are ready for it or not. And it does not slow down!So October right, it is already over! Whaaaat? I love the month of October, and I wanted to fulfill all my holiday traditions to get in the spirit of Halloween. I didn’t get to carve a pumpkin, go out on Halloween, or decorate my room. I fully intended to complete all of these fun activities, but I had other responsibilities and delays that kept me from those traditions. How could I have possibly been so busy to not have done any of the things I wanted to do? There is just not enough time!! Sure I am to blame, but there are just moments I feel like I can’t do anything. Don’t you ever feel that way?It is not uncommon to hear a passerby saying “Can’t believe it is November” or “Man, does the time go by.” Why does time seem to be going so fast? When you are younger, you are just waiting for holidays or events to come up and the anticipation is killer. Our parents had to find things to entertain us before an event or upcoming holiday. As we aged, our time was being filled with work that we needed to complete ourselves rather than doing fun little activities to keep us busy. As college students we always have something to get done, and it seems we really don’t have the choice to be busy or not… Well we do, but if we choose to be unproductive with responsibilities and tasks then our work would just catch up with us and there would be no time at all to finish anything. Ugh!! We are growing up and that means being responsible to use our time wisely so that we don’t fall behind.But how can we make time slow down? Well it is easy to say find time or make time to relax, but there is no way I have time to make time to relax! No matter what, the clocks never fail. They keep ticking. They are unstoppable and there is always something on my to-do list. The point is that since there is no way to stop time or slow down the clocks, you’ve just got to make the most of your time. Make every minute worthwhile. Yes the future is good to think about, but don’t be so focused on making your future happy if it means your present feels boring and unfulfilling. When you are on your way to class plug in some tunes, jam and dance for the five minute walk you have. If you actually do have down time, then make it a time do something fun for yourself.We are students living life in the fast lane, but maybe when you do have a second, pull over to a vista point and breathe. Smile and make that second count! Think about about how your time is NOW and that dwelling on the fact that time keeps passing will only make time move faster.

Lauren Rezak

Cal Lutheran

I am an Environmental Science major at California Lutheran University who also has a passion for art.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!