Spring Flowers Pink Summer Warm Weather Season Color Bloom Beautiful Trees Flowers Life Happy Bright Fun Outside Outdoors Calm
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

During my freshman year, I never believed upperclassmen when they told me that my college years would go by fast. I stayed in my social friend group, went to class, and explored L.A. Our dorm was in a hall where all the freshmen left their doors open and people were constantly outside talking in the courtyard. All of these fun activities and environments made my freshman year seem like a summer camp that had classes. The fun flew by and looking back on my freshman year, I didn’t even feel like I was in college! 

Travel Friends Sunset Roadtrip Jeep Adventure Nature
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

Currently, I am a second semester Sophomore and wow, time has gone by fast! March has been the month of me realizing that your college career goes by so fast! If you don’t stop and look around you, you might miss all the beautiful things in life! March is the month of blooming and all things new. Now is the time to soak in all the precious moments with those around you! Here are five things that have helped me stay in the moment during March Madness! 

1. Take a Small Trip to the Beach!

During the week, all of my friends and I get caught up in our crazy schedules. We work, are leaders/presidents in clubs, and are full-time students! Taking a small beach trip on the weekends or even a Friday night helps us unwind and prepare for the upcoming week! 

Sky Ocean Palm Trees Rainbow Nature Vacation
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

2. Study With a Friend!

March means midterm season! Catching up with classes can get easily stressful! However, if you study with a friend, it’s a win-win situation! You get to finish homework and other responsibilities while talking with someone you care about. I recommend meeting up in a cute coffee shop to make your surroundings fun!

Kristen Bryant-Urban Outfitters-Inspired Shoot
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus

3. Brighten Your Surroundings!

This could be so easy! Small things my roommates and I like to do are open our blinds, let in the fresh air, light a candle, and even hang cute dangly lights! This helps your study environment be calm and more welcoming. Also, this is a great way to lighten the mood and catch up with a couple of friends! 

Alisa Anton U_Z0X
Alisa Anton / Unsplash

4. Ask a Friend To Go Grocery Shopping With You!

Even though things get a little crazy during the week, one thing is for sure: everyone needs to go grocery shopping! This is a quick and fun way to catch up with a friend and also pick up some healthy snacks! Grocery shopping is ten times more fun when you have someone to go with! 

a woman stands in front of the health juice/kombucha shelves at a grocery store
kc0uvb | Pixabay

5. Take More Pictures!

I don’t know about you, but I LOVE taking funny pictures with my friends! You don’t have to capture all of the cute and photo-ready days, you can also capture the not so pretty days. These memories are fun to look back at when the year is over! 10/10 recommend! 

girl and friends posing
Photo by Adrienn from Pexels

I hope these small suggestions help you remember that life is SO important and to cherish it with the ones you love! Remember to find peace in all of the madness! 

Elysia Williams

Cal Lutheran '22

HI! My name is Elysia but you can call me Sia for short. I am a leader of Delight Ministries at Cal Lutheran and a writer for Her Campus. In my free time, I am usually with my friends or family making memories.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!