This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

One of my favorite things to do is discover new perfumes. I love to go into Sephora, browse the shelves, and discover new perfumes and body sprays. Keep reading as I share my favorite scents for Spring and Summer!

• Sol de Janerio sprays
    • These body and hair sprays are a great, affordable option! Sol de Janerio has many body sprays. The ‘62 spray has notes of salted caramel, pistachio, and vanilla. This is their signature scent so if you have heard of Sol de Janerio, this is probably the scent you have heard about. The ‘40 spray has accents of black amber plum, vanilla woods, and jasmine blooms. Out of all of the Sol de Janerio scents, this is my favorite one. The ‘39 smells like coconut cream, tropical orchid, and toasted praline. The ‘39 is an indulgent and luxurious coconut smell. Finally, the ‘71 has notes of caramelized vanilla and toasted macadamia nuts. This scent is probably the most unusual out of all of them. All of these sprays are a great, more affordable option over perfumes which are perfect for all occasions. 
  • Maison Margiela Replica Bubble Bath
    • This perfume is unlike any other perfume I have smelt before. According to Maison Margiela, it has notes of soap bubble accord, rose super essence, white musk, and coconut milk accord. This perfume has a very fresh smell while also having a lot of depth to it. This is the perfect scent for a crisp spring morning.
  • Mugler Alien Goddess
    • Alien Goddess is a sophisticated scent that is perfect for summer evenings! With notes of jasmine, bergamot, and vanilla, this scent has an elegance to it. This perfume also lasts a long time once you spray it, which means the bottle will last longer!
  • Skylar Vanilla Sky
    • This sweet perfume has notes of vanilla, cappuccino, and caramelized cedar. When I imagine a vanilla perfume, this is exactly what Skylar Vanilla sky smells like. For days when you want a simple but elegant scent, try this perfume.
Group of 8?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Each & Every
  • Prada Candy
    • Prada Candy is a classic, well-loved perfume. However, I only recently discovered it. To me, this perfume smells sweet and clean at the same time. With notes of warm musks and caramel accord, this is a great staple to add to your collection! 
  • Marc Jacobs Daisy Love
    • Everyone has heard of Daisy by Marc Jacobs. However, Daisy Love has a different twist to it than the original perfume. Daisy Love has notes of crystallized cloudberries, daisy tree petals, cashmere musks, and driftwood. To me, this perfume smells like raspberries and vanilla. What could be better for a summer’s day?

While perfumes are expensive, they are a great investment and can last for a long time! You couldn’t go wrong with any of these scents, they are all perfect for spring and summer! While finding your signature scent can take a while, have fun exploring and discovering new perfumes and body sprays.

Beth Baker

Cal Lutheran '23

I am a senior studying Psychology with a minor in Business Administration. I am interested in fashion, beauty and makeup.