This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

It goes without saying that TikTok influences a lot of us into buying products. In particular, makeup products get extremely popular on TikTok. Once a product goes viral it can sell out in a number of days. Keep reading to find out about some of the makeup products that have gone viral on TikTok recently!

One of the brands that has gained the most popularity on TokTok is Charlotte Tilbury. A number of Charlotte Tilbury products are sold out due to the high demand that has been created by TikTok. This includes products such as the Hollywood Filter, the contour wand, the blush wand and the beauty light wand. Even the Charlotte Tilbury website itself uses the line “TikTok sensation” above the beauty light wand which shows how much of an influence the social media platform has had on the brands popularity.

Another product that has become increasingly popular is the Nars liquid blush. When the Charlotte Tilbury blush was not available, TikTok users rushed to find an alternative however, this did not last long before it flew off the shelves either. The Nars liquid blush is currently still sold out due to its popularity. This blush is very pigmented and although it only comes in three shades, it claims to work with all skin tones. 

The Dior lip oil is also one of the top products that have gone viral on TikTok. The Dior lip oil comes in eight shades each with different flavors such as Cherry and Raspberry. This lip oil rose in popularity and users quickly sold out this product too. It claims to not only be a lip oil that gives a beautiful shine, smells like mint and vanilla but also has skincare benefits.

Essence lash princess false lash effect mascara also quickly became popular. This mascara is at a lower price point which makes it accessible to more people. The mascara claims to add length to lashes. Essence is cruelty free and safe for sensitive skin which also attracts more of an audience.

Finally, a number of Elf products have gained popularity on TikTok including the Elf camo concealer and the Elf putty primer to name a few. Affordable brands like Elf have even more giong for them as they are often said to be dupes for more expensive brands. These products continually gain a number of glowing reviews raving about their performance.

TikTok can easily influence users into buying products, and we’re talking in massive numbers. These products sell out in a number of days and can stay sold out for even longer. TikTok has a massive influence on brands and can increase their popularity quicker than most other social media platforms. These products rose to fame due to TikTok and consequently gained a number of new followers to the brands.

Beth Baker

Cal Lutheran '23

I am a senior studying Psychology with a minor in Business Administration. I am interested in fashion, beauty and makeup.