This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

With the crazy weather we’ve been having, especially the rain, here are 8 indoor activities you can do when it’s pouring outside. Sometimes, with the bad weather, driving to some place just to do something fun isn’t always ideal. Staying inside doesn’t necessarily have to just be sitting in bed or on the couch and watching Netflix, while eating a whole bunch of junk food. These are just some fun and relaxing ways for you to spend your time while you’re inside.

1. Bake some cookies.

Photo courtesy of Pexels.com 

Actually, you can bake cookies or brownies or any type of baked goods when it’s cold and raining. You can always look up different recipes, via Pinterest or good old-fashioned Google. Don’t eat all of them once you’re done; save some for days when you know you’ll be too busy to make something before class or work. With your roommates or friends helping you, it won’t even feel like you’re trapped inside.

2. Reorganize anything

Photo courtesy of Pexels.com

Use the time you stay inside productively! Reorganizing your desk or closet can help declutter your life and make things easier to find. It’ll feel rewarding by the time you finish. If you find some clothes that you realize you don’t need, put them in a bag and when it’s safe to venture outside, donate them. You can try to make something out of those old clothes; use a cardigan to make a new beanie to wear if it’s cold outside or in the name of fashion or bad hair days. 

3. Do a puzzle Photo courtesy of Pixabay.com

Puzzles can, for some people, be both time consuming and fun. But if that isn’t for you, find something that does interest you enough to take up your time. For example, you can start one of those calming coloring books for adults. You can get lost with finding new music on Youtube and go down that rabbit hole without worrying about having somewhere else to be.

4. Do your homework

Photo courtesy of StockSnap.io

I’m serious. To all the procrastinators out there, remember that doing your homework now is much better than doing your homework on a day with nice weather. If you’ve already finished your homework that’s due tomorrow, then get a head start on other assignments that you already know about. If you’re going to be staying in your room doing homework you might as well do it when the conditions outside aren’t the best

5. Build a blanket tent and have a movie marathon

Stretching%20Fitness%20Yoga%20Gym%20Workout%20-%20Must%20Link%20to%20https://thoroughlyreviewed.com%20via%20photopin%20(license)“>Photo courtesy of Photopin.com

If you don’t feel like trekking through the rain to get to the gym then do a work out inside your room. Sometimes with the rain or cold you end up doing nothing for the whole day. If you don’t want to feel like you’re just wasting your time away, look up a work out video on Youtube and build up a sweat. Take a nice, hot shower after that and start your movie marathon.

7. Read a book

Photo courtesy of Pexels.com

With classes, homework, projects, clubs, jobs, and a social life you can start to feel like you never have any time for yourself. Make some time for yourself on a rainy day and read that good book you heard about but never read because getting ready to be an adult is equal parts stressful and time-consuming. 

8. Treat yourself to a spa day Photo courtesy of Pixabay.com

Like I just said, getting ready to be an adult can be stressful. Sit down, put a face mask on and just listen to some new songs you found. You can buy a face mask or make one yourself; for example, a lemon and honey mask is easy to make and smells good. Do your nails because why not and if you want, try out a new make up look. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a break and pampering yourself.

Hopefully these give you some ideas of what you can do when you’re stuck inside, instead of feeling sheer boredom. Do these with friends or by yourself, all in one day or throughout the weekend. Regardless of what you do, stay warm and safe.   

Thumbnail photo courtesy of Pexels.com

Kyla Buenaventura

Cal Lutheran '19

Kyla Buenaventura was the Writing Director and Senior Editor for Her Campus at Cal Lutheran from 2017-2019. She double majored in Economics and Political Science with an emphasis in Law and Public Policy. When she was still at Cal Lutheran, she loved writing and inspiring her Writing Team to express their love and passion for topics through their own unique writing styles. 
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!