This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

With finals week just around the corner and the absence of a spring break (that was heavily felt among all of us..), it is important to take some time for yourself to indulge in comfort shows! Watching mindless TV shows has thoroughly helped me relax and ease my mind during hard school days. I always like to start my mornings with hot chai (or matcha) and a comfort show to start my day with peace and positivity! For this article, I am going to list my top three comfort shows that add so much comfort and peace to my life these days!

Photo by Charles DeLuvio from Unsplash

1. Gilmore Girls

It’s the way this show radiates comfort for me! I love the storyline of this show and all the characters! My mom and I love watching this show together because of the mother-daughter relationship Rory and Lorelai have. Although my mom and I were never in the same position as Lorelai and Rory, we definitely relate to their unbreakable bond!

2. The Good Place

I could write a whole essay on this show. From the comedic relief from each of the characters, the strong hidden message of the plot, and the heartfelt ending, this show definitely needs to be watched by everyone! Though I finished this show earlier this year, it helped me through a tough time and always put a smile on my face!

cup in front of tv with Netflix logo
Photo by John-Mark Smith from Pexels

3. This Is Us

Comparing to the other shows on my list, this show is definitely more emotional. Showing the complexity of family dynamics and how the past sometimes affects the future can be emotional to watch. However, my mom and I love watching this show together and crying nearly every episode! I strongly recommend watching this show because of the representation of a wide range of topics!

These shows always find a way to relax my mind during a stressful time. Gilmore Girls puts me in a comfy mood while studying, The Good Place helped me have hope for the future, and This Is Us encouraged me to value family. I strongly recommend finding a comfort show that allows you to forget about the troubles in our world for a little bit!

New Girl Nick Miller TV GIF
Giphy / Fox

Elysia Williams

Cal Lutheran '22

HI! My name is Elysia but you can call me Sia for short. I am a leader of Delight Ministries at Cal Lutheran and a writer for Her Campus. In my free time, I am usually with my friends or family making memories.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!