I’m Going Through Senior Slump (and That’s Okay)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

After a stressful but rewarding four years, I’ve finally approached the finish line of my college career. It hasn’t been the easiest race to finish, especially since a year and a half of my journey was spent online while I was in my childhood bedroom. In that space I found myself to be fairly comfortable with finishing my assignments while “Gilmore Girls” played in the background and having my cat snuggling me. Now that the zoom days are long gone (hopefully) it’s been extremely difficult to get back into the groove of work, school, and my social life. And I’ve accepted that it’s okay. 

1. We’re Still in a Pandemic

BELIEVE IT OR NOT. Even as things begin to (kind of) calm down, it’s hard to comprehend that the pandemic is still very much occurring. The very disease that took us out of school and freezed our normal lives is still spreading like wildfire, so it’s okay to feel overwhelmed. Especially when something so scary is still out there!

1. A LOT has Changed

The last time I was at school Sophomore year; everything was open, we didn’t wear masks, and we didn’t have to worry about surrounding ourselves with large amounts of people. However, all of these factors have been diminished since the pandemic started. So we all need to give ourselves grace about not feeling up to pouring out all of our energy into school, work, and our social lives when so much has changed over the last few years. 

1. I’m Still Figuring Out What Normal Looks Like

To be honest, my “normal” changes every single day as new information is presented. I’ve learned to be more flexible in order to live a healthy life. However, with things changing every day, that causes me to go with the flow and roll with the punches. 

1. We’ve Come So Far 

As a senior, I’ve already been through so many pivotal experiences that don’t tend to happen on occasion. However, that makes me even more proud of myself and all the seniors that have made it this far, despite the anxiety that may have resulted from the harsh experiences. 

Even though I know a few things about life, I know I still have so much to learn! I’ve accepted that my senior year is going to be difficult to finish, but the end result will be so worth it!

Elysia Williams

Cal Lutheran '22

HI! My name is Elysia but you can call me Sia for short. I am a leader of Delight Ministries at Cal Lutheran and a writer for Her Campus. In my free time, I am usually with my friends or family making memories.