This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

With holiday parties picking up everywhere, college students are beginning to party it up! Here are some college-popular drinks stacked up next to some of the greatest Marvel heroes of all time! (statistics reported by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)

1. Beer: 12 oz of regular beer at 5% alcohol content (i.e. Bud light, Miller Lite, Budweiser). Popular amongst frat boys and Americans country-wide, beer is one of the cheaper and most popular options. Beer is a classic, and is usually always around wherever people are drinking or partying it up! Well known and easy to lean on, beer resembles a classic Captain America.

2. Hard Liquor: Liquor shots of 1.5 oz range from 35-40% alcohol content (i.e. Tequila, Whiskey, Vodka, etc). A college favorite and nightclub pick, hard liquor is not only notorious for bad decisions but cripples Americans with horrible hangovers everywhere. It’s all fun and games until you’re talking up a chair and breaking your roommates coffee table. We’re gonna go with the Hulk on this one.

3. Wine: A glass of 5 oz wine clocks in at about 12% alcohol (i.e. Merlot, Pinot noir, Chardonnay). After a glass or two, everyone can be found caught schlumpin’ and enjoying the vibe, and maybe working the room. Wine may fuel some self-realizations and may result in you moving the couch across the room because it’s throwing off the feng shui of the room. It’s combination of relaxation, induced reflections, and remaining kick leaves me to match it with Doctor Strange!

4. Champagne: A 4 oz glass of Champagne measures at 12.2% alcohol content, and is essentially the long-lost sister of wine. Champagne, however, has a little bit more of a party personality and corks are always flying when you bring these bottles around. The absolute life of the party, in addition to the boujee, dons this French grape juice Ironman status!

5. Four Loko: Ranges anywhere between 6-14% alcohol content per can. This drink contains not only generous amounts of alcohol, but also a caffeinated energy drink fueling college antics all year long. This drink leaves its victims saying whatever comes to mind and jumping off of rooftops into pools. You guessed it, this filter removing drink is none other than DEADPOOL!

But, no matter the time and place you drink, make sure you get home safe either by having a designated driver or utilizing cab services such as Uber or Lyft. The night’s babysitters are heroes too and you should always have one on your speed dial, you never know when your city might need one! 

*all media courtesy of Photopin.com 

Erin Niemi

Cal Lutheran '20

Erin Niemi is a student at California Lutheran University and is pursuing her BA in Communication. When she isn't typing up a Her Campus article at a local coffee shop, you may find her at a concert, the beach or the movies! Erin is passionate about local news, beauty, science, sports, entertainment and music. She is also a huge Star Wars and MCU geek, and she will happily talk about either for hours if given the opportunity.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!